We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We have passed Court!!!

We have a little bit of time here at the hotel before our afternoon visit with Landon today, so I wanted to just share our excitement with you!

Court was a pretty neat experience all around! While we waited for the judge to ask us to enter the room, we filled out our Embassy paperwork with Olga out in the waiting room area. This helped occupy our minds and keep us from getting nervous. The one document that the judge had not had in advance was our apostilled photos from Trip 1...so we gave those to Olga, who showed the head Dr. (who by the way also attends and testifies in court of our connection, and his condition in general). After they viewed those 10 photoes, I then showed both of them our little photo book I keep in my purse just so they could see all our favorite photos from the 1st trip. Little did I know how far this little photo book was going to go. The ladies loved the photos so much, that they asked to show the judge when we were in the middle of our hearing! She (the judge) also smiled as she looked through the album. I could tell from their facial reactions, they can see the love and connection we share with our boy!!

All that was said in regards to us in court was very positive. The judge left the room to think over her decision for about 5 minutes, and came back and read us the official decree- we passed!!! We are officially parents!! We, of course, have to wait for the 10 day wait to be over before being able to bring him to the hotel with us, but it is official as of today! I can't tell you how excited I am! When the judge was reading the decree, and Olga was translating my eyes filled with happy tears (as they are now, just remembering!)!   I can't put specific wording in regards to the hearing on here, b/c it's a private closed court hearing...sorry for the lack of details...but it's just to make sure we are not breaking any rules..but just know that it was all good!

Thank you all for your prayers! We can breathe a HUGE sigh of relief...on to the FUN part! Getting ready to bring him HOME!!!

We have an exciting afternoon ahead of us too! I am so excited! We will be able to take Landon today out of the orphanage for a brief ride to a local photo shop to get his passport photos taken. We will then be leaving them with our driver, to give back to Olga for our Embassy paperwork (which we brought in advance here this time, to ensure the process can be finished on the 23rd). We then will bring him back, but I am looking forward to a ride in the car with our boy!!! :)

One last thing before we head out: An idea of our itinerary for our return...

Option #1 - We arrive on Sunday, the 19th. Then, Monday, we visit him 2x. Tuesday, we get the court decree and pick him up for good. Wednesday, we will have a free day with him where our driver will take us to Red Square to allow us the time to enjoy his culture with him. Then, Thursday is our Embassy apt. and Friday we return home

Option #2- We arrive on Sunday, and POSSIBLY the adoption decree comes on Monday. We then pick him up that same day, and have EITHER 2 free days with him (Tuesday and Wednesday) and go to the Embassy still on Thurdsday OR we could get our embassy apt. on Wednesday.

Either will work, I think the embassy should be able to work with us- they said they are going to do their best. I believe we will be booking our flights as soon as we return home.

Pak-ah! for now!!! Thanks to all who have us in their thoughts and prayers!!!

14 comments:

  1. I have the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!!!! Thank you our dear Father for answered prayer. I can't wait to meet my precious grandson. Pop Pop and I are crying tears of joy! Woke up Uncle Chris to tell him too!!! Oh, and of course, told Dakota the news! Oh how we love all 3 of you!!!!
    Love, Mom
    PS Either option sounds good. A second day of getting to know each other full time and saying good by to Russia might be a good thing. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessings flow and flow and flow!! Love to your little family!! Love you all! Can't wait to meet YOUR SON!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEARS OF JOY and THANKSGIVING! ... WE ARE GRANDPARENTS! Thank you Lord, for you promised to give us a hope and a future (Jer 29:11) ... We can't wait to hold our grandson, Landon - and to give testimony of how God fulfilled and answered thousands of prayers - and a lifelong dream of yours to be parents! OH the joy - I can't contain it! ... WE ARE FAM-I-LY!!!! Now, Dec. 8, 2010 becomes the new "Day that will live in infamy" ....
    Loving the Jackson Family of T-H-R-E-E !!!!
    Love you soooo much,
    GrandPop, Nana, and Susan ...
    Laura & Dave, Sarah & Dennis ,,, and of course the dog-cousins: Charlie and Dakota ..... !
    Spoiling begins .. NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Liz Greg and Little Landon
    i wish i could type more, but like all girls in our family im emotional, so im crying tears of joy and cannot find the words! I love you guys so much be safe! Love always aunt susan=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We are so happy for you and excited for God's plan for your family. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Christmas present ever!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, so happy for you, can't wait to see pictures of little Landon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyyyyyyyy!! I am crying tears of joy for you. This has been such an amazing journey for your family and I am so glad I've been able to follow along. God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome news!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear you are headed home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo incredibly happy for you all!!! Tears of joy!!!! Such a sweet Christmas you will have!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! So very happy for you and loving all of the wonderful comments from Landon's grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, Let the count-down begin! ... Let the spoiling begin (you know GrandPop started this long ago) ... and most of all, let the family of 3 begin! People had asked what I wanted for Christmas; and I've sung that song (you know the tune): "All I want for Christmas is my Grandson home" ... Well, thanks to the Lord's answering thousands of prayers .. We're ALL getting the same gift this year! Best part: Greg and Liz get the Christmas gift of a lifetime!!!!
    Get the crib ready (oops, it is already)! ... Get Dakota (their dog) ready (I think she feels it)! ... Get this family ready (done that!) ... That leaves ALL of you! >>> Get ready, 'cause Landon's comin' home for Christmas! HeeeeeHaaaa!
    I'll see you at the airport ... Rest-up on the flight, you've got hundreds of family and friends waiting back home.....
    Love ya sooooo much!
    Dad / GrandPop

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!