We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Saturday, December 11, 2010

Belated Last Post from Trip 2

So, the jet lag was pretty rough this time- or maybe it's just the 12 hours or so we were on our plane the other day. AH! It's SO long. I can't wait to be done with long flights for...ever?

So, I never really posted about our visit out to get Landon's passport photos. We arrived at the orphanage at about 3:45, and he naps until 4. We were told we had to wait for him to wake up. Literally, at 4PM on the dot, the lights in his room were put on, and we heard talking. I guess they wake them up...and don't just wait for the kids to wake up. (Side note here: we found out he sleeps in a toddler bed! We didn't know this, and have a crib sest up for him...after a few weeks we may be switching over! ...sigh)  They brought out a snowsuit, hat, gloves, scarf, and boots for us to put on him...I was so excited to be able to get him ready! I had him all bundled up, but apparantly the way I tied his scarf wasn't "the right" way, because the worker that was coming with us untied it, and re-tied it...UNDER his hood.  After we got him all ready, I picked him up, and was about to head down the steps and out the door, but the worker took him out of my hands, and had him walk next to me. They have these kids doing everything on their own so young! I can't wait to carry him when I want to! :)

We put him in the backseat of the car, in the middle between both Greg and I. The worker was in the passenger seat. The photo place was literally less than a mile away, so it didn't take long. While we were getting ready to pull out of the orphanage, I looked at Landon's face, and his little eyes were filling with tears, and they were darting around all over the place, like he was scared. I just held his hand, and ran my finger along his cheek, telling him it was okay (even though he didn't understand...lol)

When we got there, I tried to carry him in, again...but he was put next to me to walk into the store just holding our hands. We got inside, and sat him on the chair. This guy squatted down in front of him, to get a close up shot of his face. Our driver took over, shaking his keys above the guys head, and saying something in Russian that must be the equivalent to our "Cheese!" because all of the sudden Mr. Scared face turned into the ham again- he stuck his chin out, and made a huge smile! His passport is going to be hysterical! I can't wait to be able to show you that picture! :)

We arrived back at the orphanage too quickly, and resumed our last visit together. We had a great time playing with Mr. Potato head, and dressing up the Mishka in my scarf, gloves, and hat. When we knew we only had 5 minutes left, each of us took turns holding him close, and just giving him all the kisses we could (which is probably why Greg seems to have caught his cold!) We walked him down to his room, on time, and said our Pak-kuh's for the last time. It wasn't as hard this time as last since we know we will be back in just over a week to pick him up for good. I just kept thinking of that anytime I got sad.

Well, today we have gotten a lot done! We have our tree (articificial as it is though...) up, and the carseat installed, and his suitcase packed! Woohoo! I do have to say- we have a little issue on our hands- the car seat fits just fine into our SUV, but it doesn't fit in the back of Greg's pickup truck...which makes the selling of his truck, and finding another 2nd car even more at hand... we will have to do that in January, I guess before I go back to work. One thing at a time. :)

Back to getting the house ready- so fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! May the next few days fly by for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey sleeps in a regular bed at home and a crib at our house. We have it set up with the side down (does yours do that?) so she can get in and out herself and she is fine with it.

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!