We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, December 5, 2010

We Arrived!!!

It's 3:15 PM here, and we are checked into our hotel, and settling in. Our "included in the price dinner" starts at 6:00, but I can't hold off, so I'm munching on some crackers! I don't know what's worse the smell of airplane food, or the taste, lol! I can't help it- I'm picky! I have to say, I think I did very well on this flight over compared to my other recent flights. Maybe it's because I am not as nervous, but more excited to see our boy tomorrow!!! Our travel was VERY smooth- everything on time, and not too long of lines on either end in customs/security.

We were SO happy to see a familiar face when we got through customs and baggage- it was our driver Slava! We embraced, and then QUICKLY walked to the car...he walks so fast, I literally feel like my legs are moving faster than they can go...add that to the slippery icy sidewalks, and that made for a funny walk to the car! I got a cramp in my one foot too b/c my feet went from being super warm in my boots to freezing cold outside...but no worries, it went away once we got in the car and it warmed up. :)

Traffic in Moscow is the same! We are staying at a different hotel this time...further away from Red Square, but from what we here, it's closer to the orphange...and cheaper too!!! I have taken a few pictures from our window- we are overlooking a different area in the city, but if you look closely, you will see that we will have easy access to a McDonalds and Starbucks if we need either! :)







We are expecting a call tonight here in our room from Olga. She will be letting us know what our week's itinerary is....and of course, I will keep you posted!

I can't wait to post tomorrow after our visits with Landon!!! We are SO excited to see him! Thank you all for your prayers- we truly feel them!
Love,
Liz and Greg

3 comments:

  1. Praise the lord! Tell Landon grandpop and Nana love him and hurry home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, Congrats on getting there! Can't wait to hear about your visit with Landon tomorrrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, didn't know you were going threre yet! Yeah, can't wait for you to get him and see pictures.

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!