We had a great day together! Shortly after my last post, we got Landon all bundled back up and headed out to the Chinese restaurant right next to our hotel We figured if he fussed about being in a high chair we could just let him play in the ball pit/playground area. But, he did great! We brought along a baby food jar that Anna had helped us pick out. He ate about half of the jar (the big size jar) and then, when our food came, he opened his mouth wide open and leaned his chin in, as if to say, "I want to try that!" Since I only order the dull, plain buttery rice (kind of like hibachi style rice without the egg or chicken..just some finely chopped veggies) and chicken (that's much like chicken nuggets), I let him try some. He loved it! He ate a lot! He cracked us up at one point- Greg was eating his meal, which had long noodles in it. As he was eating the noodles, with them half hanging out of his mouth, mid bite, Landon started cracking up! I mean really cracking up hard! Everyone in the restaurant seemed to turn to smile at him- his laugh is priceless! I can't wait to share it with you all on video sometime soon!
We brought along a Cars sippy cup. We had to teach him how to use that (which I kind of expected from what I saw and read about the way they feed the kids at the orphanage) and then he wanted more- so we ordered him apple juice. It came in a tall skinny glass. We held it too, but let him drink it right from the glass- he did great! He seemed to just like sipping it that way instead. We were going to just take the sippy cup lid off, but decided we don't want to teach him that yet, b/c we need to keep the juice from spilling in the plane.
We then came back...skyped a little, then gave him his first bath. He didn't like it too much- he doesn't like getting changed in general. That's when he seems to fuss. He got through it though, and was much better once I scooped him up in the towel. Greg and I lotioned him up really good after we got his diaper on, which he loved. We are going to try to do that all the time as a way of bonding with him.
He likes his footie pajamas b/c they have monkey feet, but he can't reach his belly button...and that kinda frustrated him. He likes to play with that to fall asleep just like I used to when I was little.
We put him in the pack n play that the hotel had here for us. He didn't like it at first (he is used to a toddler bed) but he didn't cry...just wined a lot for about 10 minutes. We walked back over to him a few times, laid him back down, and rubbed his belly telling him it was okay, and shhhhh... he likes that it seems. He seems to understand that. :)
As I am finishing up this post, I can hear our son breathing deeply while sleeping. It is amazing we are in the same room TOGETHER. It is a dream come true- thank you Lord! I pray he continues to adjust to us as smoothly as possible.
Tomorrow, Greg is headed out all day with Anna and Slava to drive around to get his birth certificate, go to the MOE, and then to the passport agency. He probably won't be back until 4 they are estimating. Hopefully Landon and I will enjoy some good time together tomorrow!
Paka from the 3 Jacksons!! :)
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




So incredibly happy for you! I can't wait to see the 3 person Jackson Family picture!!!!! (Also, sippy cup tip, if you kind of pinch his lips around the sippy part, he'll get a good grip on it and will then understand what to do!)
ReplyDeleteI'm in tears reading this! I am so happy for the 3 of you! Best of luck with the rest of the trip. Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteMom says " He didn't like his bath.. well neither did you, you screamed bloody murder. ( and this was for the first 4 months of your life)" =)
ReplyDeleteLove to you from mom and susan<33
SO excited for you! Can't wait to be part of the skype experience. I love my grandson sooo much! You both are going to be great parents ... and Landon's got 2 sets of grandparents that he will love being spoiled by!
ReplyDeleteIt's all a growing process, and the best part of your experience in Russia is doing it by yourselves as a family - learning all about one another, far from anyone but JUST you three. Enjoy your week there - get plenty of pictures and soak in the heritage of 'the country he was born in' so that you can share it with Landon as he grows older. They will be memories to cherish.
Love you SO much!
GrandPop ..... Nana, and Susan
PS: I guess it's neat to be in the middle of God's miracle; and to BE that 'puzzle piece' that finishes HIS masterpiece! You should be able to see a clear vision of that 'puzzle' this week, as you share priceless moments together.
>>>> WOW! High-Fives to God!
Crying such happy tears for you all!!! What an amazing God we have! Can't wait to see all the pictures. I love how you can see little glimpses of yourselves in Landon...it is as if God is saying he has been yours ALWAYS...His plan is now complete.
ReplyDeletePraying for travel mercies and and the most wonderful time of bonding for the 3 of you.
Love you all so much!
Tina and Chick
I am beyond excited and have chills reading ALL your posts on here!!!!!!! He is just the cutest boy & I have loved every moment of your journey to find him and bring him home! XOXO
ReplyDelete