We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Tuesday, December 21, 2010

We are SO happy to Finally Be Introducing....

Landon Gregory Jackson!
It was so hard to pick a just one picture out of just him....so here are a few more!

This is our Gotcha Day photo! I was going to crop it...but I thought I'd leave it in its original state. :)

Daddy and Landon on our car ride back to the hotel together- we had just learned the word for "cheese!"(AKA Smile!)  in Russian at this point...and it works! It's "SEER" (like Sears, but with out the S and the slight roll of the R)



Aunt Laura, he LOVES brushing his teeth! He cries when you take the toothbrush away, in fact! lol!


2nd bath picture- the first night...not such a happy experience! :) Tonight was much better!

Today was well...interesting! It was good, all in all- we had a long time in the hotel room- Greg had to drive around to gather a lot of paperwork, so Landon and I got to play a lot together in our room. I decided after two hours, that it was time for a change of scenery. We bundled up, and headed across the street with the stroller to the mall. The stroller didn't fare too badly in all the snow laden sidewalks. After walking slowly up and down the mall, we headed back to the hotel. I was disappointed to see the clock in the hotel when we returned back- we had only used up about 40 minutes! All went pretty well until nap time. He did cry a lot when we tried to put him down, but we learned that if we both stand or kneel by his pack and play and rub his back, letting him know we are still there and that it's okay, he eventually lays down, and falls asleep. That took close to an hour this afteroon, but mabye only a half hour of the same tonight at bedtime.

Landon doesn't like it when you tell him no...what 2 year old does? But, we are trying to teach him. He also doesn't like getting changed, or changing whatever current state he is in- like when we come back in from being outside, he doesn't like getting out of his coat, etc. Not sure if it's change overload or what, but he seems to be getting a little better at it each time.

It's almost 11 o'clock here, and I guess I'll try to turn in for the night- I'm still adjusting to the time change, and didn't sleep well last night at all, so I'm hoping I do better tonight.

Please pray for our flight situation if you think of it- we don't have seat assignments, for whatever reason, the tickets we got, unbeknownst to us at the time, do not allow for a pre-boarding seat assignment. So, the same thing that happened on our way out here, could...and most likely will, happen again on our return Friday. It is completely booked. We are praying we get a seat...and that we can find 1 if not 2 generous people to switch seats with us so it is us, not them sitting next to Landon...I doubt they would want that either...and if they think they do- I'd give them 30 minutes, and guarantee they'd change their minds anyway. ;)



11 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!!!!!!

    So, so happy for you!

    Congrats! Let the memories and fun just keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, He's absolutely gorgeous!! I'm so excited for you guys to be starting your family of 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking all day hoping for a post with pictures.......yeah..........he is sooooo adorable!!! So excited for your guys! Hope to be seeing him in a Phillies shirt soon! :) Keeping our fingers crossed that all works out for your flights home on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooooooooo cute Liz, i cant wait to see him.tell him theres lots of hugs and kisses waiting for him here.lots of <3 to the 3 JACKSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love Hannah:)
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful boy! So happy for you all . . . what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! He's super cute. Thanks for posting all of the wonderful pictures.

    P.S. Natalia and Liam both have those same animal jammies and both of them are crazy about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a ham!!! Love his smile!!!
    Keeping your flight home in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gabbi and I were just reading your blog and she said "hey - there's Landon - with Micah's cup! He's so silly!" I think our kids are gonna have a good time together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious face. I love the little dimple! It is so good to know that (no matter what the flights look like) you will be coming home with Landon. Such a great Christmas blessing!
    In Christ's love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!