We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Monday, December 6, 2010

We have a ham on our hands!

Today's 2nd visit was great! I don't know what part to write about first!

We had more of the "dreamed of" meeting this time, where he walked up to the steps towards us this time. And guess what! He was really happy to see us! He smiled...not the blank thoughtful stare like earlier...yeah!! :) And, we just had a blast together from there on out- he seemed to be feeling better, and was back to his silly self! He definitely still doesn't feel 100%, but he did seem better than earlier.

So...our ham...Well, I guess it doesn't help that most of the time I start it...b/c I'm just weird, or silly...okay, weird. :)  For example, I had to try the Mr. Potato head glasses on myself...and then he took them off me, and put them on his face! I got a picture of that, and it's hilarious! Then, he decided that in addition to carrying around my purse, he could wear my scarf, gloves, and hat! He is a HAM! The hat, scarf, and 1 glove he took off after a few minutes, but the ENTIRE rest of the time, he would not take that glove off! It was so funny And, since it's an extra long glove...like halfway up to my elbow...it looks really funny on him!

Both Greg and I put him on our shoulders for a while, and goofed around- he likes that too...what kid doesn't? :)

There were a few things that I will never forget about today:

- He reached for us! He has not done that before, like he did today. There was a few times where he just genuinely wanted us to pick him up- love it!
- He threw a little fit when we were leaving him. While we were putting on our coats, he just stood there watching us, and we were trying to tell him we were sorry, but that we were coming back. It was like he was thinking...where are you going? Then, I picked him up and we walked downstairs, and knocked on the door to his room. 3 ladies were there waiting for him, but when I put him down, and said, "Pak-uh!" He stomped his feet, shook his head back and forth, and was wining... that made me happy and sad at the same time- happy that I think this is a sign he is starting to attach to us, and sad, b/c I know we are leaving him again....thank God it's only 10 days this time, and not 2 more months!


I probably could write about many other things...like the delicious Russian Skyoblanka Beef I had tonight for dinner for the 2nd night in a row (apparantly the dinner plan we got with our room is the same limited menu every night...lol...good thing we like it!), and the yummy Chinese restaurant we had lunch at today across from our hotel... but, I think I'm going to try to go to sleep now. Praying I make it past 4 hours tonight before waking up!

Until tomorrow...Pak-uh!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Exactly what the Lord had planned (reminder ... Jer. 29:11!!!!)HE's now building the relationships, comfort, trust, and dependency during this week ... That will become so important during your 10-hour+ trip, and the foundation to your family-building time when you all get home!
    But for now, just know that HE is the artist who is finishing the masterpiece; and that tomorrow will bring even more glimpses into God's plan "to prosper you, and give you a future and a hope!" HE's let you see only a small part of that plan along the way --- now watch it open up, as the time gets close! Thank you Jesus!
    Love you - all 3 of you! Until the morning....
    Dad (and GrandPop)! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great meeting. Treasure the moments you have there. Hopefully you will get a court date soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Leaving after the second trip was rough...but it is so much easier since you know when you'll be back.

    It sounds like things are going really well. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I love reading about your meetings with Landon. I'm so excited for you that it is going so well!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!