Boy was I shocked when this question was asked on the way home today! After asking Landon a few questions to "test prior knowledge" (the teacher in me...I couldn't help it), I went into the whole explanation about how everyone makes mistakes and just like you ask mommy and daddy to forgive you, we need to pray and ask Jesus to forgive us from our sins, and ask him to take us to Heaven to live with him. I was trying my best to make the explanation as 3 year old friendly as possible (knowing Landon and most 3 year olds take everything literally...like not saying the words 'ask Jesus to come live into your heart.'), and felt like I had done a pretty okay job. Until...after I was all done, he blurts out in his ever so commanding, know-it-all voice, "No, no, no. That's not the way! You need to drive there! Go this way, mom!" I guess it didn't all sink in. Little by little... :)
Our conversation wasn't over. I couldn't let him think you could actually drive to Heaven, so I continued on. Some subsequent hilarious questions were posed, like: Does Jesus live in my house, mom? But, how can He see us, does he have a telescope? Ah, the mind of a child.
This conversation makes me smile at the thought of all the amazing moments in my "mommy life" to come, and today made me really excited for the day I've been praying for to happen. I am so happy he has already started asking questions, and am so thankful for the opportunity to be able to share the Good News with him. Moments like this remind me of the awesome responsibility yet amazing opportunity we have been given.
Friday, October 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




Asking questions is the first step. Keep the conversation going!!! Aidan asks all the time and we have enormously entertaining conversations about what its like in heaven and who will be there. Aidan can't wait to meet our old dog Brutus (most awesome dog in the world) who went to live with God the year before Aidan was born! : ) LOVE these conversations! They remind me of wonderful foundations that they can build on.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! These are some of the most treasured conversations I've had with my girls!
ReplyDelete