We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lasts...and Firsts!

Our summer went out with a bang- our family vacation to Sea Isle for the week. We had a lot of fun, and were able to have a whole slew of family join us for a night (or two) to share in our fun! I ended up taking a whopping 572 photos from the week...so here are just a few of my favorites!



On Sunday, Aunt Sue, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dennis came down to join us for a few days. As you will see, they are really talented in the sand art category!
 
After our fun in the sun, we went Pirate Mini-Golfing!
where we tried to get a new family shot by a neat waterfall!
 
We also visited the Sea Isle rides a few times
The boats are someone's favorite!!!
 
We had some extra special visitors....who traveled all the way from Kentucky to see us!
(okay, so they traveled a long way to see not just us...) Aunt Jill, Uncle Andrew, and Jackson! We took this opportunity to get some updated cousin photos!
 
 
 
"3 Little Monkeys sitting on a hill...."
 (okay, so Landon has been singing "3 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed one too many times!")
 
 
 
What a cutie patootie!!
 
Mommom, Poppop, and their 3 grandsons!!
 
 
Then, at the tail end of our trip, our good friends Lori, Darren, Caden and Nana Karen came down. We actually overlapped our vacations a few days so we could each extend our stay by an extra day! Can you tell how much our boys love each other? The belly laughs they share playing together puts a smile on my face that tends to make my cheeks hurt sometimes!
 
 BEST BUDS!!!
 
 
 
It seemed like Summer ended with squeaky breaks, and that Fall took off super fast. I don't know whether it was the cool temperatures that accompanied the first week of September or that I felt like I dove back into the classroom and rigorous 'work from sun up til way past sun down' routine. Fall may not officially be here yet, but...September is here...and almost over! AH!
 
On Tuesday, September 4th, Landon started a 3 year old Nursury school class at Erial Community Church Christian School. I also had my first in-service day, so I was not able to take him. Greg pulled off being super dad, and took him (his first day was also a parent day) after working his 12 hour 7P-7A shift. Here are some 1st day pictures!
 


 
 
Honestly, I had prepared myself for a big adjustment. Change of location, environment, and EVERY DAY.... the past year and a half, Landon has been at a friends' house for a few days a week, and home with Greg for a few days. Now, he goes to school every day from 8:15-3:15. But, so far, so good! He did cry one day, but as soon as his teacher walked in and started talking to him, he perked up pretty quickly. He really enjoys going, and we are hearing good reports so far! To top it off, each day I pick him up, and take him back to my classroom to get an extra 20-30 minutes of prep work done. There are some things I just can't take home. And, thankfully, Landon loves going back to my room, and has made quick friends with my co-workers who are just so sweet with him. He "helps" me by unloading and loading my top drawer...paper clips, rubber bands, bandaids- you name it!  It has been a good routine so far!
 
Ethan is adjusting to the September schedule too...he did have a few "off" days at my friend, Amy's house, but I think it also had to do with his molars coming in. He seems to have bounced back to his normal napping and eating habits. Speaking of Ethan, I can't believe how many steps he is taking now! He is really getting the hang of this walking thing! Just tonight, he walked all the way from the dishwasher in the kitchen to Greg standing in the kitchen doorway- accross the room! He is also climbing like crazy, and getting a ton of bumps and bruises with this new adventure he's on. But, that's par for the course!
 
I think it's about time to wrap up this post....if you only knew how many days ago I started it... 
 

 
 
 

3 comments:

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!