We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, October 28, 2012

Over the Speed Bump!

We survived! I mean, there IS a hurricaine on the way, but we survived (albeit a few more meltdowns, tears, and bumps on the head) without a funcional Daddy in the home the past 2 weeks. Greg had hernia surgery on Oct. 12th. And, per Dr's orders-  no lifting the kids...or anything heavier than 5-10 lbs. for at least 2 weeks. Even though he hasn't gone to his post-op visit yet (Tuesday! pending the weather!), he is definitely feeling better, and has even cheated a few times and lifted Ethan. I don't know who the past couple weeks were harder on- me, Greg, or the boys. I know they miss his involvement and rough housing. I missed his helping hands with the boys, and having the flexibility to leave him home with the kids while I got out of the house to run to the store or to go for a run. And, I know it killed Greg every time Ethan would stand by his bed and say DA DA DA!!! Or hang on his leg begging to be picked up. And the look I saw on his face everytime Landon just wanted to tackle hug Greg said it all. :( 

But, with a lot of help from family, we did it. I always knew how much of a hands on dad Greg was, but man, these past few weeks put it into true perspective and made me more appreciative. I don't know how any single parent survives.

Here are a few pictures of a few Fall fun activities we were able to get in before Hurricane Sandy hits!

Pumpkin Picking at Duffields Farm

Daddy had a big helper to lift the heavy pumpkins for him!

Such a loving big brother!!

Family photo op, thanks to the kind stranger! :)

Scarecrow museum had lots of fun things to look at!

2 Walking boys holding thier daddy's hands.


 
The Doggone Halloween Parade at Collingswood Manor  AKA Grammie's house!

Bella as Vader & Landon as Obi Wan Kenobi

Greg and his not so little  Yoda

My little padawon!

Grammie as a Princess with Landon & Ethan!

Mommom got to walk in the parade too! Sure takes talent to walk a dog while pushing a stroller and keeping tabs on an active jedi!
 
 
 
We've enjoyed a fun past few days now that Greg is feeling more mobile and active. Looking forward to painting pumpkins later today!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Greg!!! Glad to hear he is feeling better! Looks like you guys are enjoying the fall, love all the pictures and can't believe how big both boys are getting!!! Thinking of you guys during that crazy hurricane up there!!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!