We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Saturday, January 28, 2012

The (Post) Twelve Days of Christmas- Day 7

I know, I know...it's a few days away from February...I'm THAT far behind...that's what being a working mom of 2 has done to my blogging...so, please bear with me! :)

Day 7 - Going to see Santa!

I don't know who was more excited for the boys to see Santa this year- me or them! Although, I have to admit, as the day approached, and I thought back to our Easter Bunny photos, I was a little nervous...

Landon was so scared of the Easter bunny, we had to join him in the picture!
He kept looking out of the corner of his eye at the bunny, as if to say- "You stay over there!"


But, thank goodness, Santa was a little less scary for him. Maybe since we had been talking about Christmas a lot, or maybe it was because he had seen Santa a few times (from a distance!) already...who knows! But, here is our first Santa picture!

The funny thing about this picture, is that it's the only one where Landon ISN'T smiling, but also the only one that the photographer got where Ethan WAS looking! There was something shiny off to his right that kept his attention much more than we did! :)

To top off our fun night out, we went out to dinner, using a gift card we got...yikes!...LAST Christmas! I guess we have had a busy year... ;)  Off we wet to Iron Moto, a local Japanese Hibachi restaurant. We had heard the "show" these chefs put on were a lot better than at other restaurants, so I wasn't surprised when the chef began trying to make Landon laugh by squirting fake katchup at him, and trying to impress him with a huge fire on the grill. Sadly, Landon wasn't amused...rather, he was terrified! As soon as the flame burst in his face (not literally...I am exaggerating just a little, but I do think that is how Landon viewed it), he started crying, and saying, "Go Landon house, go that way, scary guy!" Over, and OVER! We ended up just boxing up our food as soon as it was done cooking, and eating it at home. Thank goodness Mommom came with us!  Without a third adult, one of us might have had a meltdown ourselves! :)


So, hibachi in our future? YES! We didn't know how Landon would handle it...but, when friends invited us out for New Year's Eve to another local hibachi steakhouse, S&P's, we decided we would give it a whirl. Not because we are that crazy to risk putting ourselves through a 2nd "ruined" dinner (okay, maybe we are that crazy!), but because this restaurant is tried and true! I have had the pleasure of teaching the owners' daughter twice (I taught 2nd...then 4th, two years later), and we have gone there a lot...even once when Landon had first come home, and they are a lot less about the show, and more about the good food! It also helped that we had two of Landon's good friends there to eat with us  distract him! We also made friends with the chef, Mr. Louie, and that helped too! As you can see, Landon had a great time! And, he keeps asking to go back to the place with the "yellow hat guys" Yes, I admit, he doesn't always get his colors right, but I am blaming this one on our daily Curious George reading! :)


If only I could remember what we were being silly over! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!