We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, January 29, 2012

The (Post) Twelve Days of Christmas- Day 10

Day 10 = Landon's Birthday! 

Leading up to Landon's birthday, we kept asking him what he wanted on his birthday cake. He must have changed his mind about 10 times... Start Wars, Chipmunks, a Hockey guy, etc... But, in the end, he chose Hockey. I thought of just buying a cake, or asking my friend, Shannon, to make the cake (sorry, Shan..I was hoping you'd be in Ethiopia, and unable to make the cake!), but, I couldn't kick the idea of trying to make his cake on my own. Well, not totally on my own. I called in my Aunt Wawa, who I know has helped make a ton of cakes for my cousins. She helped me stencil out the hockey guy, and I got to decorate the rest! I enjoyed this so much, I think I may have just started a tradition of making my boys' cakes each year to come!


Landon's Birthday was a night of FAMILY FUN!! 

 (I apologize in advance to all the family members who may be embarrassed by the following pictures. ...They were TOO funny NOT to share!)



Landon playing "sabers" with his Great Granddad (my Grandfather)

My silly sister!

My mom and her "twin" (not really, we just always joke that they are like twins), my Uncle Steve


We even had Aunt Jill and Uncle Drew (and Cousin Baby Jackson!) join us all the way from Kentucky to sing Happy Birthday!!


Blowing out candles is a family effort!






And, since the majority of these pictures seem to be embarrassing ones of our family, I guess it would be only fair to include some embarrassing ones of us! (I'm already regretting this!!)

Some kids sniff glue...ours likes to lick envelopes. :)
See what helping Mommy with the Christmas cards did?  Oh my!

Ethan and Daddy posing with....George? :) Haha!

And, don't worry...there were plenty of embarrassing pictures of myself to choose from. You see, when I gave my cousin, Hannah, my camera to take pictures of Landon opening his gifts, I forgot that I would be in every one of those photos. And, apparantly, I am very...let's just call it... expressive with my face. Sigh... :)



All joking aside, it was a very memorable night! It is so amazing to think that just a year ago, we were monitoring how many people we could have over at one time to celebrate, so Landon would not be too overwhelmed. And, this year, our house was jam-packed with family that Landon knows by name, family who he loves spending time with! The song in the background of my blog comes to mind when I think of that..."You Make Beautiful Things." 




No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!