We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Tuesday, September 28, 2010

So Much to do, and so little time!!!

I know, I know- I haven't blogged yet since our referral. We are busy getting our plans in order, and a few additional documents notarized and apostilled.


We leave on Saturday night at 7PM out of JFK airport, and will arrive at 12:30 PM on Sunday, the 3rd.

I'll keep you posted as much as I can. I have so much to do to make sure everything is ready for my sub next week, and of course, lots of packing to do!

P.S.- blogger friends, any specific toy recommendations? We want to bring a few things over with us to play with while we are with him- specific toys that will show his fine motor skills, and interaction... but we need these items to be small enough to leave room in our suitcases for our clothes... ;)

Keep praying for us, this next week is such a big week!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous news to hear that you will be leaving in just a few short days to meet your little boy. I had tried to leave a comment for you on your previous post but could not figure out how to leave it. On our 1st trip, we brought some stacking rings, stacking cups, little play cell phone, things like that. Our Matthew was 14 months old when we met him so not sure how old your little guy is but those toys worked good for us. And actually at our Baby Home, they also had alot of great toys to play with. Safe travels and cant wait to hear all about your 1st trip. We will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duplo Blocks from Lego. Here's a link http://shop.lego.com/ByAge/Leaf.aspx?cn=100002&d=100001

    They're age specific for 0-2 years. Nice and big so thy don't fit in mouths.

    Blocks are great. look for them to try to stack them or line them up next to each other.

    I'm sure we have some still here, just give me a call if you want to borrow some.

    We're so excited for you guys,
    Uncle Walt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacking cups are a must, and take snacks like Gerber puffs and yogurt melts! Can't wait to hear about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So excited for you about your upcoming trip. In addition to what others mention above, we brought a beach ball that we just blew up once there. That was a big hit, plus stacking cups and other small rattles and such.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacking rings in varying sizes. . .Aidan loved them! And bubbles. . .They will usually do more of the foods on trip 2 (cherrios and juices)so I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about that--their diet is completely different from ours and we don't want to upset their little tummies. . .

    If you're staying at the Marriott Tverskaya, there is a computer on the 4th floor that has free internet access for their guests. Great for when you don't want to pay for WiFi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have stacking cups and wooden blocks for you (among other things). I'll bring them tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, also, a family we travelled with adopted a three-year-old boy and he loved loved loved little toy cars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz, So excited for you. I can't wait to hear about your trip and meeting your son for the first time. Please know I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be there now. . .you're in our prayers as you navigate the excitement and ups and downs of the coming few days. . .may there be many more ups and that downs be confined to the lenght of the airplane ride!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!