We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Monday, July 28, 2014

Christmas in July

I have actually entertained the idea of skipping over the past 6 months and just blogging on the here and now, but I just can't. I am not quite sure whether it is the Type A in me, or the actuality that this printed blog is a scrapbook for our family to look back over. Either way, here I am, in July, reviewing our Christmas 2013 photos. This "being behind" business is bittersweet. I am enjoying looking back and remembering these past six months, but I am also reminded that I allowed myself to get so caught up in my work, and in mundane tasks that I let this go for too long. Since New Year's is merely a week after Christmas, and I am amidst writing a Christmas post, maybe now is a good time to make a resolution. I will not let work get the best of me this coming school year!  (Hold me to that, mom!)

Without further ado, here she is, folks: Christmas 2013!

One tradition that my parents started when I was little was to start the morning off (before opening presents even!) reading through Luke 2- the original Christmas story. We decided to continue this tradition with our boys as well.


Daddy and his boys reading Luke 2

Ethan loved his R2D2 stocking stuffer!

Board games were a hit this year for our almost 5 year old!

He also loved his table hockey game! 
**Since then, the players have all been removed from their table positions and are now played with a top the kitchen table at random**


Ethan loved his new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!


Aunt Sue and Landon having a tickle fight!

Reading of Luke 2 at Nana & Grandpop's

Silas' 1st Christmas was this year! Aunt Laura always leaves a lipstick kiss mark on her nephews' faces!

Our feeble attempt at a picture of the three grandboys.

Annual sisters new PJ pants pic- Thanks, mom! :)

Me, my sisters, and my madre. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!