This past school year Landon started at a local Christian school right around the corner from where I teach. They have a Nursery 3 full time class, which runs from 8:15-3:15- couldn't be more perfect for my school hours! As I think back through this year, I have to say, his adjustment to a full time school program was super. Of course, we had short stints where he wouldn't want to leave the house in the morning, or get out of the car once we were there. Each time, I was assured by his teacher that he was fine once I left. In fact, in the month of April, a male teacher had "door duty" where we do the parent/child drop off. It was literally during that time that Landon's attitude towards me dropping him off in the mornings switched like a light switch. Then it hit me- every other month, I was saying good-bye as another woman walked him into class. Sometimes those little "quirks" remind me that even though Landon is so well adjusted, there might always be little things that trigger sadness and loss for him. I can't remember when I started this, but I started saying something before we left each other each morning. I would say, "Now remember, Landon, Mommy always...." and he would finish for me, "comes back." - it's from the "Llama Llama Misses Mama" book that we both enjoy. All in all, a VERY successful first school experience for our boy, and we are so proud of all that he has learned and just love watching him grow both intellectually and physically!
Here are some pictures from his big day!
Landon and Aunt Sarah 3 weeks before Silas was born!
Transitions are still a little hard for Aidan. I just try to remember to prepare him ahead of time and remind him of how much I love him and will always be here.
ReplyDelete