Since January 2011, Landon has been going to the Little Gym once a week. Up until this past January, he was enrolled in a "Parent and Me" type class, where we did the class alongside him and were responsible for keeping him on task. In January, he was promoted to the independent class, where we had the opportunity to watch him through the windows. I must say, looking back, that seeing your child participate in a group without you has its most prideful moments, and its most embarrassing. There were times where other kids were having meltdowns, and my boy was not bothered in the least- he was "tracking the speaker" (my teacher terminology inserted here) despite. Then, there were those times where my stinker would hop up, and run clear across the room to a different activity when he wasn't supposed to. When Miss Megan or Miss Kristy called him back, 99% of the time, he listened. But, when Mr. George tried, Landon just thought it was a game of chase. It took everything within me not to go through the door at times. :) But, all part of the learning process. It did get me thinking....maybe cameras in my classroom would be a good idea (if the parents watched them)...having a parent aware of how their child is behaving could really be helpful! :)
Anyway, I sort of got off track there.... Here is a video I put together of all the pictures and video clips from today's grand finale show. I have to admit, I had to stifle back my happy tears at the very beginning of the show when I thought of where Landon was just 2 years ago, and where he is now.




It abslutely amazing, isn't it, how one year of love and good stuff makes such a big difference!!! It always makes me wish I could have more of them here to help. . .but I am grateful for what we have with Aidan. So, is Landon off to Ice skating lessons next??? : ) Future Flyers v. Capitals???
ReplyDelete