We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thank you...!

Just in case you're wondering just how PRICELESS adoption is, consider this as a reminder...

While cleaning off the refrigerator this past Saturday of all the magnets and clutter, Landon caught sight of this picture:



The following conversation transpired:

Landon: "Mom, look! Landon in Russia!"

Me: "Yes, you are!"
Landon: "Where my mommy? Where my daddy go?"
Me: "We weren't there with you yet. This is the picture we saw when we first found out about you. As soon as we found out, we went to Russia as soon as we could, and we scooped you up, and brought you home with us because we loved you SOOO much!"
Landon: "Thank you, Mom, for coming get Landon!" (said in his most matter of fact, adorable voice!)

I will NEVER EVER forget this moment. I almost cried such happy tears at his response and understanding. I couldn't help but to just pick him up and hug him. I forgot about the fridge for a moment. I just held him and thought about how much our boy's life has changed, and how grateful we are for him. I also couldn't help but think about all the others in that room there with him that we couldn't scoop up and bring home with us. Sigh...my heart continues to break. All I can do is pray that God will send families to bring those children home too. And, I can also do what I can here, right now, to make sure those families have what they need to be able to do so....  Which brings me to the reason for my post....


With a thousand (a slight over estimation) other things to do, I decided to peak at my blogger dashboard, and something that I feel is of immediate re-posting came up on my screen:

PLEASE HELP US SAVE THE ADOPTION TAX CREDIT

With having literally (NOT an over estimation) just paid...okay, still paying...almost 2/3 of our entire house's cost in adoption expenses since 2010, we know first hand just how important and valuable the adoption tax credit is for adoptive families. The credit (+ God's miraculous provision) has literally enabled us to bring our 2nd son, Ethan, home. With the adoption tax credit set to expire at the end of December 2012, it is extremely important that we petition our authorities to consider extending this invaluable credit. A fellow blogger has made it super easy to do, by inserting a pre-written letter and a link to your Senator's office. Please, Please please take a minute to do this. Here is the link to my blogger friend's post.

http://crazybeautifullife318.blogspot.com/2012/06/please-help-us-save-tax-credit-it-only.html


I thank you for taking the time to petition. I thank you on behalf of all the thousands of families who have been able to bring home an orphaned child because that financial assistance was made available to them. And, I thank you on behalf of the thousands of children who are in homes tonight, and now have the love of a family. And, I thank you on behalf of the millions of orphans who will have a better chance at being united with their forever family. We may not be able to go bring home every/any orphan...but, we can all copy and paste an already created e-mail into our Senator's Contact page.

Thank you for your help!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!