We have entered the "why" phase. The phase where everything...I mean, EVERYTHING is questioned. "But, why you go this way, mom?" "Why this not a good place?" "Why Landon no like veggies, mom? and, the list goes on, and on, and on.
I have also never heard, "Mom" as much as I have in the past few weeks. For some reason, Landon has been saying my name, over, and OVER! Each time, he calls out to me, "Mom!" I reply, "Yes, Landon?" and for some reason, half the time, he just repeats, "Mom!" again! and again! And, sometimes, finally, after 3 or 4 "mom's!" I get a WHY question. Sigh... :) I am honestly smiling as I recall so many moments like these the past few weeks:
"Mom, why Poppop beating us? That not very nice." (Said from the backseat as we follow Poppop to the restaurant for Uncle Chris' birthday dinner)
While driving to run the other day, our radio was going in and out with a bad signal. Landon says, "Why that song stop, Mom? Need get new blue car, mom." LOL ...and yeah right!
After helping Daddy get ready for work, putting on his work boots, work belt, etc., Landon comes running into the bedroom as I am getting ready for work, and says, "That your work bra, Mom?" Hilarious!
I have saved the funniest one of the week for last....
When reading the story, "Saul to Paul" in Landon's toddler Bible, we came to this page (where Saul is at the house in Damascus waiting to receive his sight back from Annanias)...

And, Landon says, "Why hims in time out, Mom?"
Gotta love the mind of a 3 year old!!




Cute!!! Although I know I probably should, I don't really correct Aidan when he says a word wrong. . .It is always too cute and I want to hang on to him being little as long as I can. . .not tht he is very little anymore!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy this stage!! It's a fun one!
That is hilarious...but I think the work bra is the funniest!
ReplyDeleteMom...Mom...Mom...Mom
And you probably thought "Mrs. Jackson...Mrs. Jackson...Mrs. Jackson" all day long from your students was bad!
Awesome. Your child rocks. :-)
ReplyDelete