We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring Sports Sensation

Spring feaver is in the air! I have been on a serious school countdown this year. It starts when I leave for work in the morning, and I say to Landon, "26 school days left until Mommy gets to stay home with you every day!" And, then an hour or so later when I remind my students how many days of school are left (followed up by a short speach about finishing the race strong...just like one of my favorite teachers always said to me), assuring them that I love coming to teach them everyday, but that I am probably just as excited as they are to have the summer off!  (Sidenote here...I am in full NJ ASK prep mode and have used the alliterative title strategy on purpose...I can NOT WAIT for this coming week's testing to be OVER!! Personally, it's the least favorite part of my job, and I am now dreaming about the NJ ASK ...okay, I'm done my rant) ;)

We have been super busy around here lately. It seems like there is some event we need to be at 4 out of 5 nights of the week. At least 2 nights each week, we go to our church softball team's games. Greg is the coach (and player), and Uncle Chris plays too! Then, we have Cubbies on Wednesdays, and soccer on Fridays/Wednesdays. Not to mention I try to run with the boys 2-3 days after school as well. That all adds up to busy week, and neglected housework. :/ I am trying to remember the advice a wise friend and mentor has given to me.... "The housework and laundry will always be there...your little ones will not." That being said, I am taking advantage of the good weather, and really enjoying spending time with the boys!


Landon considers himself one of the players. He watches most (if not all) of the game, and even runs along the fence, down the 3rd base line as each batter runs to first. It is so cute to watch! I had to talk to him about trying to stay in the spectator area more, and giving the players more space over by their bench. I guess my lecture got through at some level: One of the players decided to come sit on the bleachers to take a breather (luckily, it was one of my best friends' husband), and Landon goes over, and yells at him, saying, "No sit here! Spectators sit here! Players need to sit on players bench!" Needless to say, the entire specator area broke into laughter, and Mr. Jason moved back to "his spot." :-)  Landon's infatuation with the softball players doesn't stay on the field. He refers to them all the time. "Players don't eat dinner, mom." or "Players no do time out." I've had to turn things like that into my benefit...."Landon, players can't go to the game unless they eat all their vegetables. They need to be strong to hit the ball reaaalllly far." (so far, "the players" motivational strategy is working!)


As you can see, Landon has made a few friends on his soccer team!


Um, Landon... it's soccer, not hockey, dude! ;)


Whatever it takes!

My handsome spectator!

Breakfast date with Aunt Wawa at CFA!! :)

The monkey I go bananas over!
(stolen borrowed from Aunt Faith)

A fun trip to the zoo with our cousins!!!
Yes, I am crazy taking 6 kids to the zoo. Couldn't have done it without you, Hannah! :)

Ready to run with Mommy and Aunt Sarah


Ethan now zooms around in his walker!
 He is constantly bumping into Dakota (poor puppy girl!) and over my toes! He loves to stop and stare up at the refrigerator at all the pictures of our family. He also likes to push the bottom drawer of the dishwasher in and out too!


That's all for tonight, folks... this tired mama needs her sleep!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! The tackling of other players was why we didn't stick with soccer!!! Too funny. . .you just might have a hockey player on your hands. : )

    Got lts of nice Gymboree things to send you. I'll probably have more in August if you'd like to wait--mostly winter things that Landon will be able to wear in a year or two.

    Housecleaning can definitely wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!