I've been thinking a lot about orphans lately. They are on my heart. Last October when we had to come home and leave Landon behind in the baby home where he was living, I was heartbroken in a way I had never known before. And, at that time I thought that my heart was breaking for him, and that as soon as we brought him home, I would "be all better." But, instead, what I have discovered is that my heart is still broken for all who are anywhere without a mom or a dad, a family to love them and to meet their needs. If I could go to a foreign country and fall in love with one boy and name him my son, then I could go anywhere (or stay anywhere...as we found with Ethan) and love a child and call them mine. But, my heart hurts because there are so many orphans worldwide, the problem seems impossible. But, I know "With God, all things ARE possible." And, I've come to realize that orphans are a chance for God to work through His people and to see His love. I know in my heart, God in His power could give every child what they need, but instead He chooses to use us.
One of the blogs I follow is that of a young woman, Kate Davis, who is 21 years old, and chose to just pick up her life, and head to Uganda where she would help serve food at a loccal school. Now, she has 14 girls that she is the mother of...yes, that's right- 14! When I was researching Orphan Sunday (more on that in a future blog post), I found a You Tube video of her. And, in that video, she said something that will stick with me forever. "Thank you God, for the opportunity to serve you. You could do it by Yourself, take care of these kids, but instead, You chose little old me to help take care of them."
WOW. That's exactly right- what a gift, and what an awesome responsibility I have been given to care for my two boys. Thank you, God for choosing me!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




I feel so much the same way! I thought when we got home with Hayden I would feel so complete. It's hard to put into words but my heart is heavy knowing what we left behind. I thank God everyday for choosing us to parent, love, and raise Hayden. However, I can't help but think about all of the orphans in the world who don't have what Hayden (and so many others who are blessed) have. Financially we can't afford to go back to Russia right now and truthfully somedays I feel like I have no idea how we ever will again but I keep praying that God will show us the way. We have to go back!!!!! As much as we always thought we wanted biological children we are so grateful God chose us to do his work!!! Kate is an amazing woman doing God's work....so admirable! Love the picture at the top of your blog....such beautiful boys!!
ReplyDelete