Funny: While putting Landon to bed one night over the past few days, Ethan had a blowout...yes, I'm referring to a poopy diaper (we talk a lot about that lately, lol!). So, I am trying to give Landon big boy directions while managing a..well, I'll spare you the adjectives...dirty diaper. I say to Landon, "Honey, put your dirty clothes in the hamper." Or, did I not say that? I will never know. What I do know is that when bedtime resumed, the clothes were not on the floor- good boy, Landon! We finished putting Landon to bed, and I went to make a bottle for the very hungry Ethan. I look in the sink, and to my surprise there were Landon's dirty clothes! Yes, dirty clothes in the kitchen sink! Sigh... I had to laugh! Did I say sink and not hamper? I've been known to mix up words like that before unknowingly, just ask my students! Or, did Landon just put them there on his own?
Funny Take 2: This one starts with me asking Landon to put his we bathing suit and undies in the hamper...fast forward to the next morning- I go into his underwear drawer to get out a clean pair, only to find a wet bathing suit and undies! Again! Ah!
Funnier: Landon got put in time out (one of these days I'm going to keep a tally chart to see how many times this happens in a given day!...it's a lot!), and I went to remove the gate from his door to his room and found him reading. He looked up at me and yelled (yes, yelled!) "Mom, no gate up- time out!" Yep, that's right, he wanted to STAY in time out! What am I doing wrong? LOL!
AND, funniest (maybe not..depends on who's judging): This one has a photo to go along with it- whenever I am missing a flip flop, a book, or anything for that matter, I will need to check all compartments of all toys:
Now, that's a loaded trunk!
We are really enjoying our time here at home together with the boys, that's for sure! Greg is off for one more week, so I am cherishing this time! He is such a great dad! I am sure I'll be okay here at home with them by myself...but, I'm choosing not to think about that just yet. An hour or two at a time is enough for me for now. :) Funny moments aside, here are a few pictures to let you see what's been going on!
1st bath for Ethan! Big brother Landon had to help too!
My 4 boys...well, the big boys aren't really mine. But, for the past 5 years I spent every summer with them. They became like my boys, and I adore them like they are mine- no matter how big they get! I think it's funny how for these past 5 years I have gotten used to caring for 2 boys- judging stunt competitions, baseball in the living room, split open head accidents, and plenty of sibling squabbles! God was preparing me, little did I know!
I couldn't be happier watching Landon love being a big brother! He was, afterall, our biggest concern in having a sibling so soon after coming home. So far, so good. :)
"Hi Baby" - Landon says that a LOT! :-)
And, this is what I have- 2 boys! Life God is good!!





And just think! A year ago you had all of that time to yourself! : ) It's way better this way, isn't it??? Love it. You all look and are awesome. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYou look so happy and beautiful, Liz!! What beautiful memories you're making already.
ReplyDelete