We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, April 24, 2011

1st Easter

Well, not everything always turns out the way you plan. We started Easter weekend having Aunt Sarah cut our hair on Friday night. After Landon's hair cut, he went to bed, and we were onto my hair. Around 11:30 I heard Landon cry out on the monitor "Mama" with a whiny moan. I knew by the way he started crying something wasn't right. I went in to get him, and he was shivering, and his body was on fire. Yep, a fever. After Tylenol, and lots of TLC in the rocking chair, Landon finally went back to bed at 1 AM. The next morning, he slept until 10:30! ...thank God, because I needed to sleep too! After waking up and seeing he was feeling better, we went to Greg's parents house to dye eggs and have an early Easter dinner. He had a great time! Here are a few pictures of our Saturday (minus the egg hunt at church that got postponed until next weekend due to rain...AGAIN)

Uncle Chris (Greg's brother for those of you who don't know) showed Landon how to do the first one


After one egg, he starts bossing Uncle Chris around like he knows better!


And using his sign language to signal, "MORE!"


And, he gets to do LOTS more as you can see in the bowl!

After dying eggs, Landon got his 1st Easter Basket- from Mommom & Poppop!

Complete with bunny ears!

After a yummy dinner at Mommom and Poppop's, we went home so Landon could get a good night sleep- hoping the fever would NOT return!

When Greg got home at 7:15, both of us hid the eggs we dyed yesterday so Landon could find them. Well, 2 1/2 hours later, when he woke up, Dakota had already been well aware of where all the eggs were. Please excuse Greg in the video- the poor guy slept for 2 hours, then woke up just to watch Landon find the eggs, only to go back to sleep to work 7P-7A again tonight...




Did anyone notice the irony- he had his Christmas jammies on for easter? :)

After the egg hunt, Daddy went back to bed, and Landon and I started to get ready for church. We were all set, and ready to head out the door when I grabbed my lil' man's hand, and it felt HOT! After seeing these two pictures below, you will see why I was shocked to find out just how high his fever was: 101! :(

The smile I got right after he said "Happy Easter!"




So, we had a change of plans, and decided to just hang in at home (without waking Daddy!). After about 2 hours of playing in the sunroom and basement, and finding that the Tylenol had once again done a great job, we ventured out to my parents house.  Here are some pictures and 1 more video of our fun afternoon!

Landon got his 3rd Easter basket from Aunt "Lala" (Laura) and Uncle Dave

Then, after lunch, Landon got to go outside at Nana & Grandpop's for another Egg Hunt! He LOVED it!


Nana and Grandpop revealed a secret- there is chocolate in these eggs!!

 Sidenote here: Landon kept signing for "more" after he found all the eggs, so they were re-hidden and re-found at least 2 more times! Might I also add here the gross detail that a bunny was found dead under their back porch? Luckily Landon didn't see that, and we all chuckled at the irony of a dead bunny on Easter. :(


And, perhaps my favorite moment of the day! Watching Landon and my granddad playing bubbles together, and laughing SO hard! How sweet life is! We are so blessed to have Landon in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Aww it looks like you had a nice first Easter despite the fever! I hope Landon is feeling better. I can't decide who's having more fun, your granddad or Landon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the Easter pics!!! I love the video of him running around looking for them even more!! His little legs go so fast! Hahaha. He is getting so big! And he's doing great with his words! So glad to see you guys having fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!