I know, I know, the fact that there are even 10 Baby Houses in one city is sad...but there are more, many more than 10 "homes" to shelter these orphaned children. The one we are most familiar with is Baby House 20 in Moscow, where our precious son lived for most of his little life. And, just a few miles away from Baby House 20 is Baby House 10. Back in August, I blogged about a book that changed my world. It was set in Baby House 10, where a little boy, Vanya, lived. Little did I know at the time I read this book, sobbing through certain parts, that our son was just "10 Baby Houses Away." The very thought makes me cry even now.
Dateline, NBC just aired a special this past Sunday night. It features Vanya, a boy who lived in Baby House 10, but was later adopted into a home in our nearby Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. This boy is the same "Boy From Baby House 10." Below you will see a link to Part 1 of Dateline's special. This special which is 6 parts long, tells Vanya's story.
Until I figure out what else we are definitely called to do to continue to fight for the cause of the orphan, I know I am now called to be a voice. As hard as the videos are to watch, sometimes it helps us to come face to face with just what is truly going on in our world around us. A world that I am thankful beyond words to describe, that our son is no longer a part of. Every day of our lives is living proof of how valuable each and every one of God's children are, and how with a little love they can be the root of such indescribable joy and happiness to all of those whom they come in contact with.
So, yes, you may need to grab a tissue, as you watch some videos from a baby house in Moscow, that was "Just 10 Baby Houses Away."
(after watching this video, you will see parts 2-6 appear as icons you can click on to the left of the screen)
Please continue to pray for all the families that are currently out there, trying to bring these children into their homes and families. These families are fighting a culture's driving belief that children with disabilities aren't worth the effort...that these families should move on to "better children." And, also please continue to pray for EVERY SINGLE child in this world that is somewhere longing to be held, loved, fed, and called a son or a daughter.
Here is a picture of "My Lil' Man,." my handsome boy who brings me more happiness than I could have dreamed, my boy from Baby House 20. Thank you, Lord!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!





I watched this episode today and thought of you guys! It brought me to tears seeing the conditions these children are in; my heart aches for them! I would take them all if I could and not even think twice. So sad that there are so many families who want to adopt from Russia but they make it so difficult and expensive. What an amazing thing you and Greg were able to do; I see such a joy in your lil' man's face and know that he is loved!
ReplyDeleteWow, thanks so much for sharing! That is a great story. Now I am going to have to get the book! BTW, Landon is ADORABLE!!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow Liz! What a sobering thought. I haven't watched the video yet, but thanks for sharing. Maybe I can look at it during nap time today! I can't believe how much Landon has already changed!
ReplyDeleteUm, whoever is watching it will need more than one tissue. And they'll need to make sure there 4 year old ins't in the room while they sob, or else it might scare them. Poor Gabbi. :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is the first that I have seen of this Dateline episode. I am sitting here at 12:30 AM fighting the urger to go get my two little fellas out of bed. I have a terrible urge to go snuggle them. Thanks for posting this video. I don't know that I would have seen it otherwise.
ReplyDeleteLiz, thanks so much for sharing the video. I had not seen that Dateline and am so glad I got to watch it. It really hit home with me, and made me realize even MORE that this journey my husband and I are on is so worth it. It also makes me sad though for all the ones that will still be in the baby home waiting... wish we had the money and resources to take them all home! : )
ReplyDelete