We found out today that Landon's recent blood work which was done had a repeat low level: Low CBC (cumulative blood count) and neutrophil count. He was in the mild/low range in late January at his first draw, and now it is even lower. We don't know why it is low...our pediatrician doesn't seem that concerned- he thinks it could be off due to the sinus infection he had a few weeks ago. That doesn't explain the initial low numbers in January, but it, hopefully, is why these are low. The other option is that there could be an unerlying reason why these levels are low. I googled low neutrophil count, and that did not help me at all. Well, it was very informative- but, I should have just been okay with the "list of possible reasons" that the Dr. had told me there was. Nooo...I chose to go research further- bad move on my part. I saw scary words like blood cancer, and bone marrow issues, and had my stomach in knots until I remembered that this is not how I want to handle this. I am going to continue to just keep praying for Landon like I do everyday, like I have since before we even knew of him. (it worked so far, right? ) :) I know that there is no better hands our son could be in, but God's.
The plan: cancel the "lil' boy surgery" he was scheduled for this week, until his levels come up. AND, repeat bloodwork again in 2 weeks, and PRAY.
I thought, what better place to share this prayer request- I know from so many of your encouraging words and comments how many people are/have been following Landon since the start. So, if you wouldn't mind, please pray that these levels will come up, and that we will not have to do any futher testing after this next panel of labs in 2 weeks.
Thank you in advance for your prayers!
I'll leave you with this picture I took today on my phone after coming home from work. What a BEAUTIFUL day it was!!
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!





Our God is an awesome God. Whatever this is or isn't God has Landon in the palm of His hand and has blessed him with two wonderful parents that will see to his medical needs. This may not have been true if he was still in Russia. God's plans are perfect. Love You. Mom J.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you guys and praying for Landon.
ReplyDeletePraying!
ReplyDeleteLiz and Greg you are in our thoughts and Landon is in our prayers!! We have been following your journey since early December and you have an amazing family, and we just KNOW that all will turn out okay!!! Sending our prayers and positive thoughts your way!
ReplyDeleteBig prayers for your sweet Landon!!
ReplyDeleteGod has this situation under control. Trust in Him. Praying for Landon and peace in your heart.
ReplyDelete