We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Friday, February 4, 2011

Time is FLYING!!

I can't believe we have been home for almost 5 weeks now, and reunited with our boy for 6! I only have a little over a week to stay home with him full time, so I can't help but wish I could slow down time! But, I keep reminding myself that he will be with his daddy for at least half of the days each week, and in wonderful care at our dear friend Kristen's house the other 2-3 days a week. Then, come June 13th (praying for no more snow days!!), I will be home for the summer with Landon again. I know teachers do have the summer to be thankful for, and that I do not take for granted. But, I am going to have to get used to leaving work at work when I return...I used to work for at least 2-3 hours each night, grading papers, making powerpoint lessons, lesson plans...you name it. And now, I won't be able to do that...well, at least not until after 8:30 each night.

To keep myself from getting too sad to leave Landon, I keep thinking of all the fun things we will be able to do with Landon this Spring.  We can take him to Phillies games which is top of my list of things I am looking forward to, second to the ZOO, and Daddy's church softball games! ...no keeping score this year for me! And, I am also looking forward to just going to the park right up the road after work during the warmer spring weather and playing with Landon...who LOVES to be outside!
When reading a fellow blog friend's post from today, it reminded me that many of you have not seen photos or videos from our times we spent first visiting Landon in the orphanage. So, I started browsing through the many photos trying to decide which ones I should post...and I came across a video that our friend Steve made for us after we came home from our first trip. It was about 15 minutes of video and photo set to music...songs that would make you cry without the photos' help! So, I hit play, and began to watch...yes, tears again- but different tears this time. THIS time watching the video I had my son in my lap watching too. I will never forget how hard those months in between trips were. I truly felt like I left a piece of me in another world...and I had. And, I just close my eyes, and thank God that I can hold him, and hug him, and kiss him now. Some words to one of the songs I used to listen to all the time during those months ring loud and clear, "There'll come a day when I can hold you and say it's forever" - yes, we are living in that now! And, it makes me so happy and grateful!





No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!