We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Holding Hands...

There are continual memories that take place that I would love to share. But, one in particular sticks out in my mind...holding my boy's hand. We hold hands often, and each time I adore. But, tonight was more special than other times for me. I was holding and rocking Landon before laying him in his crib to fall asleep like every other night. But, tonight, when I laid him down, he didn't just cry for a minute, he stood up, reached his arms out, and in a whiny, cranky voice, he said, "Mama." Now, who can resist that! Of course, I picked him up and held him, and told him, "It's okay, Mama's here."   After a few more minutes of being held, I laid him back down, and he started fussing again...I didn't want to walk out on him, so I sat by his crib (as I had done before to let him know I was still there), but I also reached my arm in...and, instead of rubbing his back, I said, "Hold Mama's hand." I didn't expect him to actually do it, but to my surprise, I felt his little hand reach out and hold mine. I didn't care how long I had to sit there...I would have held his hand all night if he needed me to. It was in those moments that I had a little emotional melt...it hit me- I have this little boy who I have longed for and prayed for for years here, holding my hand, wanting and needing me. 

Greg just finished up his first set of midnights since Landon has come home. These past four days have been filled with fun visits at grandparents houses so daddy could sleep through the day, where Landon got to have some good fun with his grandparents and Aunt Sue and Uncle Chris...but, tonight, I think I saw for the first time just how much Landon missed seeing his Daddy. Every morning when Landon woke up, Greg was sleeping. This morning, he got a huge smile on his face, when he peeked over my shoulder, he saw daddy in bed. On our way out of the bathroom, he took off for Greg. I couldn't stop him...and didn't want to either, to be honest. I let him quietly lay next to Greg for the 30 seconds that he would stay still. Then, this afternoon, Greg had overtime, and Landon (who usually happily waves bye-bye) got upset when he left, and I was putting him down for his nap. So, by bedtime tonight, I don't think Landon wanted me to leave because he was missing his daddy. We are looking forward to these next few days together since daddy is off until Friday.

Here are a few cute pictures and some videos of the fun Landon had while visiting his grandparents houses for the first time!!

Playing trains with Mommom


Flying with Aunt Sue!


Nana couldn't resist sharing when asked for some of her brownie!


Playing Peek-A-Boo with Uncle Chris


Dumping your Cheerios and then racing the dog for them is much more fun than
just eating them the good ol' fashion way!

Tomorrow is our first visit to the dental hygienist! ...Aunt Laura! Luckily, she's already been practicing with Landon, so I'm sure he will do just fine! :)


4 comments:

  1. Liz, So awesome! I was reading with tears in my eyes. You are as much as a blessing to Landon as he is to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post!! He sounds like he is such a sweet boy! I too love to hold hands with Matt and we do it quite often! Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I am crying! Oh what a beautiful picture of the two of you...holding hands through the crib where your little boy calls out for Mama! How incredibly sweet and beautiful! How special to be able to love on him and give him your hand which brings so much comfort and security to him while melting your heart at the same time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love!!!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!