First of all, thank you to all of you who prayed for Landon's arm, and for those of you who left me such encouraging comments. There were a few I got on our way to the orthopedic specialist this morning, and it really helped to calm my nerves.
We were referred to a specialist this morning to review Landon's x-rays that were taken yesterday, and to also check for something called "nurse maid's elbow." I had never heard of that before, but apparantly, it is something that happens a lot in toddlers between the ages of 2 and 4, and happens when a parent is holding the child by the hand. The child cries initially, and then just lets the arm go limp while "playing" happily, until they try to move it, then they are in pain, and cry. That is exactly what Landon had been doing since we got home from the Dr. yesterday. It was scary. Well, after further review from the specialist, no break! And, yes, it was nurse maid's elbow. Our doctor held his elbow in close to his rib cage, and gently pulled his hand, palm up, towards his shoulder. She felt it pop, and within a few minutes (seconds maybe even) he was moving it, and reaching up at us with his right arm- thank you, Lord! Whew!! It was such a sense of relief, I can't even explain.
Thank you again, to all who were so encouraging and prayed for us. I guess I won't be lending Landon a hand as often. ;) Lesson learned, that's for sure! On the bright side (as if him feeling better isn't bright enough), the past 24 hours has given us lots of lap time with him. And, for the first time since bringing Landon home, he woke up in the middle of the night crying- he couldn't roll over, and it hurt when he tried. So, I got to pick him up, and rock him again, and just try to make him feel better. I think it made our bond even stronger.
Side note/question to all my blogger friends: do any of you have a different NY Russian consulate number? Our documents for Landon's registration got forwarded there (we sent them out on Dec. 30th!) and can not get ahold of them to check the status of his case... We have two numbers that the helpful lady in DC gave us, but one is a fax number, and the other one is all automated- no option for a live person.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




Thanks be to God!!!
ReplyDeleteSending your request to a friend who lives near you. . .her blog is www.becomingamommy.blogspot.com. She came home with Anna in July 2009. . .she is also on facebook, which i will send you later!
God Bless!
I'm so glad you were able to figure out what it was and that he's feeling better. I have no idea re: the consulate number - I'm sorry!
ReplyDeleteHooray for a quick elbow fix! We should celebrate with a party. ;-) Love you!
ReplyDelete