We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh MY!

It all started with good advice from a very good friend. Landon has been battling a cold for about a week ago. Late this past week, the cough started, and seemed to get worse over the weekend. At this point, I don't want to be overreacting, but I am leaning towards taking him to the Dr. to make sure that it hasn't gone into his lungs. Everytime he is on my lap, I feel his congestion in my chest through his back... Anyway, that led me to mention it to a good friend, who suggested having him sit in the very steamy bathroom for about 5 minutes, and then take him outside to breathe in the very cold air to open up his lungs. Well, that's almost where the good of that ended.

I thought (notice, the bad starts with MY idea)- why not just use this time to try to go "Ah-oo" (Russian for #2) while the shower is running full blast on HOT. That worked for a few minutes. After I guess about 5 minutes, Landon said he was "da" (done) and so I let him get off, and run around the closed up bathroom for a few minutes, playing with lotion, yada, yada... I was just sitting there on his bathroom stool anyway, checking my e-mail from my phone...why not? Well, I thought I smelled something bad, and thought. lotion? Wait, AH-OO? Only to look over and see a huge green (yes, I know, TMI- but he's been eating green beans like CRAZY these past few days, so I'm a super proud mama in that regard!!) AH-OO lying on the floor- so I quick drop my phone, scoop him up, and put him on the potty...but another smaller AH-OO fell mid-way there! AHHHHHHH!!! Believe it or not (I'm still surprised at myself here) I didn't get mad or frustrated at the mess, I was just shocked. I didn't want to laugh because I didn't want him to think it was funny. I just kept asking him over and over, "where do we go ah-oo?" Right, on the POTTY, Landon!!  Sigh....chuckle, chuckle.

Well, while he was sitting there, I cleaned up the ah-oo, and got him off the potty to wipe his hiney. The poor kid got off, and listened so well when I said, "Bend over" that he didn't even give thought to where he was bending over, and bent his head right into the wall of the tub! :0( Poor lil' man! I tried to hug him without getting any AH-OO on myself, and, thank God, I managed to be successful at that. Well, by this time, the steam had been in our lungs for a few more than 5 minutes (haha!) and so I scooped his clean behin' up in my towel and headed outside in the back for a minute to catch the "cold" air- only to realize, it wasn't so cold after all. It is probably about 50 degrees....in fact, my phone just confirmed that. SO, all that for nothing? Who knows.

THEN, I realize I hear something coming from Landon's room- he had shut the door (we are still working on "not every door has to be shut all the time, Landon...we're not in Russia anymore!) Sidenote here, everytime I say that, I follow it by, "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto" I can't help it!  Anyway, Dakota was stuck in Landon's room! That WHOLE time! Oh my!!! 

Now some of you may be wondering, why did Landon have all of his clothes off when you were just in the bathroom to breathe in the steam? Well, folks, my son, creature of habit and routine that he is, knows that we try to go "pees pees and ah-oo" every night before bathtime, and when I sat him on the potty, and turned the shower on...he went into his getting undressed routine. 

Sigh- Landon (Clean, but still runny nose and coughing Landon) is now sleeping. And, I need a coffee!!

4 comments:

  1. Mwahahahahahahahahaha!
    At least the poop was on the floor in the bathroom, instead of smooshed in the rug. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the story!!!! Yes, I've cleaned up many ah-choos myself that dropped on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! That is an awesome story. Sadly we don't have a story like that yet, I am sure we will get one soon! Camden hates to sit and ah-oo! Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!