It was really an amazing site, as we walked up a road, seeing St. Basil’s Cathedral coming slowly into view. We weren’t sure how the picture was going to turn out, but here was our view as we were walking up the hill:
It’s pretty neat when you get to see something amazing like that in person, after seeing it so many times in photographs. And, after quickly looking at the pictures we just loaded onto the computer from this morning, no picture does the site justice. The colors and details of the architecture are truly amazing!
The Kremlin
St. Basil's Cathedral
A closer view of St. Basil's
The Kremlin and surrounding buildings
A real close up of St. Basil's
From behind St. Basil's, looking out into the city
The clock tower outside of St. Basil's
Below is a picture of a huge building that we discovered on our way out of touring St. Basil’s, was a mall! It’s definitely not like the malls we are used to! Everything is very upscale and sophisticated here. I am wondering as I type this, how this may contrast with the orphanage tomorrow…and as I am typing that, I am feeling more nervous. Not nervous about meeting our child…okay, nervous about that too…but more nervous in general…like a first day jitters type of feeling.
Inside the mall
Overall, we are doing great! We are trying to relax, and take in the culture and sites. We figured that after today, our focus would be consumed by someone else. ;)
In an hour or so, we are going to venture out to Arbat Street to look at the shops, and maybe even find a restaurant to try. If all else fails, we will head to the local TGI Friday’s.
We are anxiously awaiting tomorrow’s MOE meeting and even more so getting to meet our child. We will keep everyone posted on how it goes! All of your e-mails and comments have been so encouraging! Thank you!




Thinking of you guys this week and so anxious to hear how things go tomorrow when you meet your little one!!! Keep us updated!!!
ReplyDeleteLizzy and Greg
ReplyDeleteAs I'm sitting here reading this the tears of JOY for you all are streaming down my cheeks I am so excited for you all and looking for to seeing my new GREAT NEPHEW God bless looking forward to your next blog post Aunt Ruth
Liz, Loved the pictures. I can't wait to hear about you meeting your son tomorrow!!!
ReplyDeleteDear Liz I,m so happy for you and Greg. Me and HANNAH are making so many gifts for you and Greg LOVE LEAH AND HANNAH PS.I LOVE YOU BOTH.
ReplyDeleteLiz and Greg,I can't wait to see him,I have one picture in my locker,and that's not enough to fill it,and waiting for all those special pictures of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOT'S OF LOVE TO THE BOTH OF YOU,AND THE BABY!!!!!!
LOVE,
HANNAH
I'm overcome with happiness for all THREE of you!!! I hope you are having a fun time exploring and I will be thinking of you alllll day that the moment has arrived that you have been working so hard for! This is awesome! I love you and I'm so so so grateful you are including so many of us in your journey. Sending all my love to Moscow! XOXO
ReplyDeleteLove you both!! Praying everything went smoothly and that you are leaning on Jesus all the way!! Mom Mom loves you baby boy. Off to work - checking blog there too!!!
ReplyDeleteLiz & Greg: Papa and Nana have been in prayer for the excitement of "the moment" .... in fact (Papa loves his little grandson so much) that I actually set the alarm to wake up and pray at the hours you indicated things would happen today. I can't wait to hear how the Lord put His touch on each of those 'moments' .... I love you sooo much! Remember our theme: "From Russia with Love" and give our boy a hug from Papa and Nana! XOXO!! (x2)....
ReplyDeleteI woke up thinking about you all. . .I guess that means I was praying for you in my sleep!!! Hoping and praying that your joy has been overflowing today as you meet your son for the first time. Today will be a day for you to remember and celebrate forever. . .
ReplyDeleteGod Bless!
I keep checking for more updates! So excited! Love you lots and praying hard! Love, Jill!
ReplyDelete