We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Thursday, October 7, 2010

Everyday is our new favorite day!

We just got back to the hotel from our morning visit with LG. It was maybe our favorite time togther...although we have said that more than once this week!

I started my day much more emotional than any other day. I am just hating that today is our last day together. I miss him already, and am trying not to cry again as I type this. (since we are in the lobby, surrounded by people). He is our little man, and we love teaching him how to do things, and we love showing him affection....okay, on to the details from our visit, so I don't cry.

When we arrived today, we heard the piano playing in his room. We had to wait for him on another little area between rooms. I got excited, thinking about how hearing the piano will be familiar to him, and I am already looking forward to playing songs with him at home on the piano, and singing together!

When he came out, he was very happy to see us again. We walked with him up the steps to our usual 3rd floor hallway playing area. He immediately went over to our bookbag that we put down...he knows that everyday we bring things in that to take out and show him. The first thing we pulled out was the talking little red truck that we showed him yesterday (Thanks, Aunt Laura!). He remembered how to push the button, and we enjoyed pushing that back and forth together. Then, we pulled out the lego dump truck that his Great Mommom bought him- he loved it! He tried to push on the top of that truck to see if the button worked the same way as the other truck- SMART boy! ...speaking of all the gifts we already have gotten for him...we can't wait to get our boy in the adorable BOY outfits his Mommom bought him! Everyday we return he is in more girl clothes and girl dress shoes! lol! Aunt Jill, I can hear you laughing!!!

Each day we return, the toys we left on the couch from the previous day are there, and he loves to keep playing with those- the shape sorter, the stacking cups, and the photo book that we made for him. (Thank you to Alicia and Marianne for those!). He was particularly interested in looking through our photo book together, and we must have spent about 10 minutes going through each page, and counting with him as he turned the pages.

We then thought it would be a good idea to try the coloring book and crayons for the first time- his Nanna got him those! He did SO WELL with coloring! I can't believe how well he was able to grip the small sized crayons (I remember using the big ones in kindegarten...so he's already ahead, lol!) He spent lots of time coloring back and forth, and pulling out different crayons. Of course, he didn't want us to take them away, but we didn't want to risk him coloring the wood floors or the white walls. Lots of good times today!!!

There is a stuffed dog on the window sill on the 3rd floor- everyday we have pointed to that, and said "DOG" to him. Today, he actually tried to say DOG too! It is so amazing to us! We are so relieved to hear him try to speak, because we hadn't really heard him say any other words other than "dah" until today. That was our only remaining concern...God is good! We have a healthy boy who will just have some much-needed adjustments to make.

I also got to hold him for about a minute while he totally relaxed over my shoulder- Greg caught it on video, and it is precious! I loved every second...and now am tearing up remembering it....I don't know how I'm going to hold it together leaving him today!

Okay, we have to get going already- we need to eat lunch now, so we can get back to see him shortly. I just wanted to update you a little on our day's activities so far!

Sad to think....we only have one last time with him for now....the only thing that's keeping me from crying is to think about all that we need to go home to do to make sure the house is ready for this active toddler!

Another happy thought....coming home to show our family what a great time we had in person!!

I know LG is going to love you all, and I can't wait to introduce him to his many new friends!

7 comments:

  1. And we can't wait to meet him!! Praying for you both today - Rest in God's arms, he will get you, Greg and LG this time apart. Love all three of you sooooo much.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that you have to leave him already!! Praying for everything to move QUICKLY so you can bring him home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you and all the pics!!!! It sounds like he is perfect:)

    Sorry I missed you this morning!!!! I wish I had been up!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness - you started my day smiling! How precious! You help us to feel like we are right there - sharing all these moments with you! What an amazing picture of how Jesus feels when one of His separated ones come home to His arms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such precious memories that will last a lifetime! I was so happy for you while reading this entry, but I also found my stomach twisting as the feelings of having to leave the little guy are so hard to deal with. You will have a lot to keep you busy when you get home and God's perfect timing will amaze you. Can't wait to hear more details. In Christ's love, ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Praise the Lord! We can see God putting the puzzle together before our eyes, miracles, and realization of our hopes during the visit! Can't help but remember: "He's already provided" and now we're asked (by Him) to watch him show us "great and mighty things which we never dreamed possible!" (Jer. 33:3). Don't forget, He's already got the next few weeks planned out - and the 2 docs will 'put it over the top' as we see the next puzzle piece placed on the board!
    I write as 6pm has approached - knowing your 1st time with our boy has come to a close (for now - it's like the end of chapter one) .... and pray that LG will hold the memories of this week deep in his heart - and somehow (in his own way) know that mommy and daddy will be back in a few weeks to take him home! ... Oh, dear Lord, hold us together in your arms until that special day!
    Be encouraged, son and daughter that I love so much, that God has only just begun this good work in your lives ... He will be faithful to complete it! (Phil. 1:6).
    Can't wait to hear about today - and to see you in NY tomorrow. LOVE you (3) sooo much!
    Dad (and Papa)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful visit this afternoon with your little guy!!! My hear breaks for you as I remember that last visit so well like it was yesterday!!! Just know that time will fly between your trips as you prepare for you little boy to come home for forever and before you know it you will be back on that plane and you will never have to leave him behind again!! :) Safe Travels home.
    P.S. - So glad he is learning about the Phillies already!!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!