On Tuesday, my grade level had a shower for me with all the teachers and staff at my school. Then, we had plans later that night (or so I thought) to go to dinner with friends of ours from church. I quickly came home, unpacked all the gifts from the shower, and tried to do what I could to keep our living room from looking like a bomb of toys and clothes had gone off. We headed out to "dinner" and walked up to our friends' door, not expecting a THING! Well, Greg knew the whole time...but I was clueless! We opened the door to a houseful of friends from church- it was awesome! I had been had...AGAIN! :0)
Needless to say, ever since Tuesday, I have been in "nesting" mode. Greg's even said....more than once!...that all I have is Landon on the mind b/c I totally lose track of anything and everything else on my to do list. All I have wanted to do lately is finish his room, and get the house all set up and clean for his arrival! The room doesn't look ALL that different yet- a few more of the accessories to his room theme, but I have started on the basement play area! It's been SO much fun to set up!
Before I paste in some pictures, I wanted to let you all know that we did hear from our agency on Tuesday (just minutes before walking down to the library at school for the meeting...I mean, shower!) They said that our paperwork had arrived, and was "well on it's way to being submitted"- YEAH! We are praying specifically that we can get our court date this week. When we were in Russia, our coordinator estimated that we would get one the first week of November, but that's all it was...an estimate. But, that's what we are praying for! I'm not sure how far out the dates are scheduled, but I am guessing it's at least 3-4 weeks from the scheduled date. So, this week could mean end of November, or beginning of December. Who knows? We could drive ourselves crazy trying to figure it out- so we don't! We are keeping plenty busy getting our house ready!
This is the corner we have organized for Landon in our basement- LOVE the area "rug," Jeannette!!!
(which for those of you who don't know, is where our family room is located)
Landon's crib- the window valances are laying over the edge. His Nana is working on making side panels to go with them from one of the plaid crib sheets they sell to go with the set. I ordered the curain rods today on line- they are so cute! They have a football, baseball, and basketball as the rod-ends! Can't wait for them to come in! Also- we are awaiting a special visit from a close friend of ours- she is going to do a mural of St. Basil's Cathedral over his crib area. We are still undecided on size, exact placement, etc. But, I will definitely post pictures when that is finished!
On the wall area above this dresser, we have big white letters: LANDON We are going to be mounting them soon!
I can't wait to read books to him in the rocker before bed!
We cleaned out our tupperware cabinet today to make room for sippy cups, and little plates and bowls! Cleaning takes on a whole new level of fun when there is such a good reason as Landon's homecoming!
And, lastly, I couldn't resist- here is big sister Dakota, AKA, Squirrelly on Halloween. She has been spending lots of time laying in Landon's room...SO cute!
PS- Daddy made me take this costume back- he said I was toturing her! LOL!
I hope to be posting soon about a court date! We can't WAIT to get back to our little boy! We miss him more than words can say. I must say to Greg, "Hun, I miss him!" at least 10 times a day!




His room is super cute!!! I will pray that you hear about a court date this week and that your court date is sooner than expected :).
ReplyDeleteLiz, I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying that you get your court date this week!!
ReplyDelete