We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's cute...but is it a good sign, or a bad one?

Okay, so the baby's room seems to be Dakota's favorite hang out spot lately. I think it's adorable, and picture her sleeping by the crib when the baby is home. Honestly, I'm not worried about her adjusting at all. I know she is so good with kids- she lets my little cousins lay on her, and lift up her lippies, and play with her puddies (aka lips and paws for those of you who don't speak the cutsie doggie language that the "other" Mrs. Jackson has made up and I have taken on)  ;)
However...could she really be thinking, "ooh, I love that mom and dad have cleared out this whole room for me! That's awesome!" In that case, she is in for a rude awakening...hopefully sooner than later!

 Well, here's what I see everytime I walk by the room:


Oh, and another note on the baby's room- just seeing a picture of the room in this awful color is making me very antsy to get to the decorating of the room. Greg and I have poured over lots of bedding designs. We really like a good 3 or 4 of the gender neutral patterns, but there are SO many cute gender specific patterns, that we may just wait on picking and painting. But, who knows. We are both pretty spontaneous when it comes to starting something like painting a room, and so if we get the urge...we may just go with one of the gender neutral ones- and if not, then we'll wait to see whether we are going to have a boy or a girl!  Just thinking about it gets me excited about getting our referral call! I can't believe it's been 7 weeks since our dossier has been in Moscow! We were told a 2-6 month wait...so who knows...we could be getting this call in the next few weeks, or we could be waiting until October!

I'm thinking of putting a poll on the side of the blog to "predict/guess" what the gender will be- all those in favor...???

3 comments:

  1. I vote for a gender poll! Those are fun. And here's to 7 weeks down in the waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently found some great inspiration here:
    http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Nurseries/gallery.esi

    One option would be to find what you would like for each gender and paint the room and furnish it with things that will go with either. Then you can add the bedding and such (the gender specific stuff) when you know "what you are having" :o)
    -JennStar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I love the glider! That is #1 on my wishlist. I have great memories of mom reading to me in our oversized rocking chair...I wish she still had it).

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!