We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Saturday, July 24, 2010

Update from our Agency...

It wasn't the news I was hoping for, but either way...it's still good! We got an e-mail from our agency today that our dossier has been translated and "officialized" in Russia. Our contact over there is waiting for the MOE to register it. THEN, our "official wait" begins. This is the part I was disappointed by- I thought that the wait we were given (3-6 months) included this translation/registration process...and it still might- I have an e-mail out to our agency to clarify this. But, I took her e-mail to read that our 3-6 month wait starts now...or sometime very soon when the MOE does register us officially to the Moscow Region.

I'm trying to stay positive about the possiblity of traveling before summer's end (being a teacher, that would be WAY easier than leaving a brand new set of kids in the beginning of the year). I know that our Russia contact has had us on his radar already now for a few months...so it is possible he could have a referral in mind for us, but just needed to get us "official." --hoping for that to be the case! :)

The other thing the e-mail said was that the region of Moscow has been moving quickly...another good sign! 

So, the wait continues...begins?...no, ...continues. :)

3 comments:

  1. Liz, I had no idea you guys were adopting! I was trying to piece everything together...are you and a few other families all adopting from the same company and going through the same agency? I'd love to hear more about this. I will be praying for you guys! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember to celebrate the small steps forward or you will drive yourself crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all such great news! So excited for you both <3

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!