We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Thursday, July 15, 2010

Another plyushevogo mishku (Teddy Bear)

After finding out that our child will not be able to keep the teddy bear we are planning on bringing with us on the first trip, we went to Build-A-Bear to make a duplicate- I've been calling it "Mishku dvah" (which translates "teddy bear 2"). Okay, so the Russian word for Teddy Bear technically looks like this: плюшевого мишку  , but I have no idea how to pronounse that combination of letters and symbols, so I have to look to the pronunciation column in the dictionary- thank God for that column!

Anyway, the goal is to keep Mishku A-Din and Mishku Dvah in our bed to absorb all of our smells...I know, kinda gross, huh. But, since babies know smells, we are hoping this is a way to keep a piece of us with our baby in between trips. On our 2nd trip, we will be bringing our little one home- but before we do, we will be staying in the hotel for I believe about 10-14 days with him or her. During that time, we plan to try to get to the Moscow Mall and get a birth certificate printed up for Mishku Dvah that matches our little one's birth date, and name.

My two adorable cousins Hannah and Leah have been so excited and anxious to meet their new cousin (which, by the way- they are hoping for a girl!). They have even put together a little gift bag for the baby already with hand made crafts and cards- so so cute! I wanted them to be a part doing something special for the baby, so the three of us went together the other day to Build-a-Bear. Here are a few photos of Mishku A-din (1), and Mishku Dvah (2).

                                                                       Here they are!

The girls making sure the Mishkus are all clean!

All buckled in!



5 comments:

  1. Adorable idea!! Glad you got your Visa lettter too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are adorable and so are the bears :) And for whatever reason, I think Mishku Dvah is really fun to say. I'm just curious, why won't baby Jackson be able to keep his/her first teddy bear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tara! :) Thanks! And, because the orphanage is so desperate for supplies, I heard from another adopted Russian girl that they keep anything the family brings for their child on the first trip. If we want to get anything back, we need to bring a new one to "exchange" later...if that makes sense? We are going to pack lots of donations (as much as we can fit) in suitcases on our first trip anyway to bring over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome idea as mom of nine whos kids had fav blankies and friends a word to the wise if your baby decides thats his or her fav toy you might need to get another..there is safety in numbers lololo i have had to search for extras of my kids fav toys but theres nothing sweeter then seeing your child with a well loved toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it really works. . .And, you never know. You might get them both back!! Aidan came home with the Tigger I brought him on Trip 1. . .still sleeps with him and takes him to school every day for nap time! He loves that thing. . .

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!