Our appointment for our FBI fingerprinting was at 8AM. We were out the door by 8:10. Amazing! So, we headed to breakfast, and then to Babies R Us. It was the first time I have ever walked into that store for us. I have been in there countless times for my friends, but this time was special. We were excited to start looking for things that we will need, and cracked ourselves up at how much we will have to learn: 5 minutes to fold a stroller? Oh my!
I think for me, anyway, (Greg usually doesn't think this much into things like I tend to) I have finally let go of any worries, and fears that this somehow will "not happen." I am finally into fulltime "We're going to be parents!" mode. And, it's a wonderful place to be.
On that note, we are still at least 3-4 weeks from receiving a call from our agency. Whenever they do call, it will either be with a referral (which for those of you who may not know, a referral is basically getting to know who your child is...their age/sex/medical info/pictures), or we will get a call to let us know how many months of waiting for a referral we will continue to have. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but I now know of two families who were DTR in early April that already have their referrals, and are heading to Russia. How encouraging! I am honestly not rushing this part (at least not today), and enjoying this preparing for baby stage...thinking about how to do the room, what jogging stroller I want (which is a whole post in and of itself...do you know they have MP3 Speaker hookups on these strollers now?!?)
We will continue to keep you posted!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




I'm SO happy for you!! I try to get on here to follow what's happening with you, Greg and your child you haven't met (bc I know he/she is just waiting for you). I am so impressed with how organized and on top of everything you have been! Not surprised though, because you're awesome like that! =) I gotta be honest, I don't understand a lot of this process. But, you have stayed positive, kept your focus on your child, and show your strength in every post. I hope you already know this - YOU are an incredible person!!! Whoever gets to call you MOM is truly blessed! Thank you for sharing this private, stressful, exciting journey.
ReplyDeleteLots of Love,
Alicia
Hi! Thanks for the nice comment on our blog and you're certainly welcome to follow. I've actually had your blog bookmarked for awhile, but never said hello. *embarassed*
ReplyDeleteI actually have no idea when our dossier actually arrived in Russia...we provided everything to our agency back in March, so I'm guessing shortly after that?? Sorry I can't be of more help! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hear something soon!
My husband and I waited 6 months for a referral from the time the first dossier was submitted...Good luck on your journey. I am following your blog if you don't mind!!!;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Jen, and Maggie for your comments! :) OF course I don't mind your following! It's exciting to "meet" other families in the process!
ReplyDeleteWe are just so hopeful for you two! It is such a great feeling to just "let go and let God," isn't it? All three of you are always in our prayers. I love that you keep this blog! Much love!
ReplyDelete