We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Friday, June 25, 2010

One Month into our Wait

Well, today marks one month since our Dossier was Moscow bound. We have been busy since then- working on documents for our second dossier, and just busy with life!

We are excitedly following two families via blogs who are in-country right now, meeting their child. While at times, "the process" can make you feel like you are not really a few months (or weeks) away from meeting your child, reading their entries makes it feel real again.

Our agency talked to their Russian contact yesterday just to check in on our status. We are "on his radar" which is really good to hear. We also heard that July and August are big, long, vacation months for many Russian court officials, so it may be possible that we won't hear anything until September or October...but, we are supposed to still be as ready and as prepared as possible for a call in the next two months.

Well, time to get back to the paper chase...FBI fingerprinting letters, NJ State Medical Board letters, and more!  Of course, we will continue to keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. I wish we could start on our Dossier 2, but we don't know what region we are assigned to. Each region requires different stuff, so frustrating. Though we do have our FBI fingerprints, which were done for our homestudy, just hope we get to use them before they expire. I can't remember, are you going for a boy or girl, or either?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man - I hear you. I remember starting off each week so hopeful, then wanting to cry on Friday afternoon as I drove home from work because I hadn't gotten a call. Then, suddenly, things are moving so fast... I hope that you hear something soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, we are so thankful our agency pre-slated us to go to Moscow! IT makes the paperwork a lot less "questionable" And, we are requesting either gender. :) How about you?

    Thank you Jen for the encouragement! We are still praying to travel in late August!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going for a girl. Since we already have a son, we wanted one of each, in case later on I get pregnant. Since we already had a baby, I am trying some natural methods to fix my problem. Who knows if that will work. But if it does, we definately wanted to have a girl, and with pregnancy you don't get to choose. We know it is a longer wait requesting a girl, but w are prepared. I just hope it isn't too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how exciting! I would be doing the same thing if we were in your shoes. :) I hope the wait isn't too long for you either! I am just enjoying this journey. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!