Off we went with the car packed (JAM Packed!) for our 2 night stay in the Lancaster/Hershsey area. We stayed in a nearby Holiday Inn Express and were able to stay for free using our points earned from our 2010 Moscow Holiday Inn stay!
Boy "shot" after measuring Hershey Kiss for Landon and Hershey's Miniature for Ethan!
For the record, that has to be the only time Ethan has ever measured miniature! :)
Spinny rides with Daddy!
And, here is that smile that could melt me in a minute-
Landon is charming Miss Hershey Kiss!
I think Landon rode the cars at least 3 times! Definitely a favorite!
What boy doesn't like to drive a sport's car?
Mommy's turn on the spinny rides!
The airplanes were another favorite! ...I think he liked shooting the gun as much as flying!
Meeting Hershey! ...this picture was taken right before Ethan barrelled into Hershey for a big hug!
He shocked us all!
Please let these be the only motorcycles the boys ride on...ever. ;)
Ethan's face says it all... "Ummm...you think I can handle this?"
Flying a spaceship with Daddy! What a fun way to end the day!
The boys did great! We got into the park around 10 and stayed until 6. Not bad for being so young! After taking a short nap on our way back to the hotel, the boys seemed to be wired. We had a bit of a tough time getting them settled. Ethan learned how to get out of his pack and play, so I felt like I never really fully let myself fall into a deep sleep. Sure enough, I heard a beep around 2 AM, and sat up panicked to find Ethan walking around the hotel room, and playing with the air conditioner buttoms. Oy Vey! After that, they both slept through the night, but it was definitely enough of a scare not allow myself to get a good night's rest.
Before heading home the next day, we stopped at the Turkey Hill experience - more fun than I had expected!
It really squirts!
Unlimited free samples of ice cream and tea!
Me: Look, Landon, You can be Ruiz!
Landon: Mom, it's not Ruiz. He has a black glove!
(only Landon would know the baseball players by their gloves!
...Greg confirmed this by the way- he was right!)
Shooting games
A ball pit!
Make your own Turkey Hill Ice Cream flavor commercial!
If only I had this on video- Greg had to rap! ...yes, rap! LOL!
After the Turkey Hill experience, we stopped for lunch on our way home at the Windmill Restaurant near Lancaster. It was a family tradition of Greg's, and we wanted to try it ourselves! It brought back a lot of memories for Greg, and the food was delicious! Corn Cream Soup, Roasted Turkey with Stuffing, and Apple Dumplings for dessert! YYYUUUMMM!







So sorry to hear about Greg! I'll be praying that he is totally healed. Hershey Park looks awesome. Your boys are getting so big!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the C scare. Looks like you had a great vacation though. The boys are adorable.
ReplyDelete