Just a "few" things come to mind...
-Hugs, kisses, being held, or rocked. We could barely get a few seconds of snuggle time with our boy at first. Now, we have to peel his face away from our lips just to breathe, and rub his back or face before he will settle and fall asleep. No more rocking himself to sleep...now he falls alseep in his daddy's arms while he reads a book.
-Meltdowns....Oh yeah, we still have them. But, rather than just crying or tantruming, it's usually a verbal argument (yes, with tears!) disputing some sort of request to pick up toys, or to turn the Wii off. Landon has become an expert at
-Language- Two years ago we were using both his Russian and American name combined as well as a combination of Russian and English commands/phrases to communicate. Now, our boy knows countless songs, how to count (at least to 20), can recite Bible verses, The Pledge of Allegiance (to the US flag, Christian Flag, AND Bible!), and letters and letter sound/sight recognition for letters A-H! There is probably a lot more there I am leaving out. But, my- what growth!
-FAMILY- this is (almost) the most awesome change of all. Two years ago, we were just getting our boy acquainted with the numorous faces and voices of the family that loved him and helped pray him home. Now, he not only knows all their names, but prays for all of THEM by name. He even considers two cousins his "brothers." God is good!
-Our Heavenly Father- Two years ago, our boy didn't know who God or Jesus was. Now, he is the one telling me not to cry (I admit I was in a slump last week after the awful CT news) because Jesus is right by our side. Before asking for a bandaid or for medicine, he asks us to pray that Jesus will heal him. He knows countless Bible stories by heart, and most of all, knows that God loves him so much that He made sure he was taken care of before mommy and daddy knew him, and that it was God that sent us to him.
Yes, we daily must continue to work on obeying, talking back, and so much more...but, I am celebrating growth today. And, as I look back, it is impossible not to smile in amazement. God has used us to change this little boy's life, but even more so, God has used this little boy to change our lives, and the lives of our family forever!
Precious.Priceless.Adoption
This post and milestone in our family leaves me very burdened at the current state of the future of Russian adoption here in the US. We are praying that officials on both sides are able to look past their disagreement, and think of the future of the estimated 700,000 orphans currently residing in Russia. We also are praying for the 1,000 current pending Russian adoptions- these families are waiting to find out if they will ever be permitted to return to Russia to be reunited with their sons and daughters. I remember all too well how difficult that uncertain months were for me.
To end on a positive note, here are a few pictures I found "share worthy" as I walked down memory lane today.
December 22, 2010 - Riding out of Baby House #20
Me and my baby boy (at the time!) Where did those chubby cheeks go?
I'll end this post with a few pictures from December! The month has been full of fun, decorating, and, unfortunately, sickness. Hopefully, the boys are on the mend and will be well for Christmas and Landon's birthday!
Cousins trip to Chic Fil A for Santa Day!
As you can see, one of our boys LOVES Santa, and one ...well, DOESN'T. :)
Craft time with Nana
Backyard Brother Fun!
Tired? I say so!
Official Mall Santa photo wasn't too different from CFA.
Poor Ethan!
For my sisters and Poppop, and Grammie... Landon's School Christmas Show...cut down to the "best" 5 minutes. :)





So awesome Liz! We're closing in on our 2 year anniversary. It seems so surreal, doesn't it? Wow! The changes he's made!!! So happy for your family!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say hello. I've been following your blog for some time and I'm so thrilled at all that God has blessed you with! I'm so enamored with your Faith. Your family is a real example. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. It's awesome!
ReplyDelete