We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ethan's First Steps

Yesterday we had the chance to go down to see our friends, the Gibsons, at their Ocean City beach house. For those of you that don't know, they have the two boys that I babysat and tutored for 6 years before Landon and Ethan. Talk about preparation! ;) While we were there, we were able to get some of Ethan's first steps on video. Yes...as you will see, we were really trying here! The time he took a full 3 steps my camera didn't start recording unti the very end, right after he finished. But, I compiled a few other attmepts. :)  It was at their house, back in June, that Ethan first crawled! How neat that he crawled and took his first steps in the same place!

YAY, Ethan!!
September 1, 2012  ~~ 13 months and 8 days!


In fact...since I am currently having one of those moments, you know...where you are stuck in the "where have the years gone?" thoughts.  My moment has caused me to look back at earlier pictures with "my boys", as I used to still refer to them. Here are some then and now shots.

Phillies Game August 2006
Thom (7) and Ben (8)
 
Notice their height next to Greg... (sniff, sniff)
 
Thommy (now 13!) with Landon on the roller coaster!
 
 
Ethan on Ben's shoulders....notice how close he is to the top of the doorway!
 Ben (now 14, almost 15) is now at least 3 inches taller than me!!
 
I know as I write this, I am thinking, man...I sound like a mama bear sad her cubs are all grown up. And, that's exactly how I feel. I always felt like they were my boys. We spent years...literally! together. And, what I love the most is that no matter how tall, or how old, they still come and sit on my lap, or hug me like they are still 6 and 7 years old. I also love how great they are with the boys. When we hang out together, they are built in babysitters, playing with the boys the entire time! Love you boys!!
 

1 comment:

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!