One of the really neat organizations I became familiar with at the Created For Care conference last weekend was Sole Hope. This organization was started by an adoptive couple after going to Africa to meet and bring home their child. While there, they saw countless children, and adults as well, who suffered immensely becausue they are not able to wash their feet (there is no water!) and do not have shoes either. Instead of trying to explain what is going on, I will let their videos speak for themselves. You may want to grab a tissue. I've seen these clips a few times, and each time I cry. Sole Hope provides shoes for these children. Not just by sending them over, but by empowering the African women in these villages to make the shoes, thus enabling them to provide for their families as well! A win win! And, on a personal note, I think God is trying to teach me a little more compassion in this very area- somehow I have gotten a splinter, or one of my dog's hairs, stuck deep in my heal over the past week or so. I didn't even know it had happened, and it is now too deep and sore to be taken care of on my own. So, I have to go to the doctor to see if they can get it out for me. As scared as I am for this upcoming appointment, I am trying to focus on the fact that I have so much to be thankful for. Soap, daily shower access, and shoes! ...and a doctor! Sigh. These poor, poor children! :(
May you'd consider hosting a shoe making party, or praying for these children and for the workers of Sole Hope who are working here in the US to do everything they can to bring hope to these children's soles and souls! Here is a link to their website. They have other videos, and instructions for how to host a shoe cutting party! http://www.solehope.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




I missed this at the conference. I think I might have a party.
ReplyDeleteJoy