We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Fun!

I wonder if I'm the only one annoyed that I haven't posted any Easter pictures yet. My type A personality sometimes makes me feel like blogging is a job that I haven't gotten to. No, let me re-phrase that...blogging is a relaxing hobby of mine that I haven't gotten a chance to enjoy at all over the past week. But, who's keeping track, anyway? Not that I need an excuse, but I had some technical difficulties. Apparantly, I've reached my google max on uploading pictures to my blogger. I needed to purchase more storage space. We will see how this goes!

Our Easter fun began a couple weeks before Easter Sunday, when we took Landon and Ethan to see the Easter bunny. Landon was very excited, thinking that just like Santa, the Easter bunny took requests. Turns out, he does, and hence, the basket of goodies he received from us, our parents, and other treats from his very generous aunts and uncles who all must think Landon needs more sugar...what were you thinking??? ;)  Good thing I've taught him the rule: "One per day." He says the rule, tries to make me abide by the rule (if only!), but always tries to take more than one, all while repeating "one per day." I think it's safe to say he doesn't truly get the concept. :)



We enjoyed our annual visit to Mommom and Poppops to dye eggs! Landon really has improved over this past year in fine motor and balancing skills. Although he had a few eggs hit the table with a cracking thud, most of them made it safely from the bowl to the cup and back to the carton to dry.

All  by himself!

Mommom and Daddy lending a helping hand


Uncle Chris got home from work just in time to join in the fun!


Even Ethan had a fun time!

I "scored" a bottle!


I'm the overprotective mom who hovers to make sure the eggs are safe. :)


Nana and Landon finding eggs at our church's community Easter egg hunt!

Yes, a car that didn't even work, which was on the property, stole someone's attention!


We spent the day before Easter celebrating with Greg's family. A huge dinner which included some of my favorite annual foods- German Spaetzle, and Matza ball soup! YUM!

Ethan and Aunt Linda! ...love this picture for a special reason!
 These two have something special in common! :)

Landon posing for a picture with the Easter basket he got from Mommom and Poppop


And, then, it was...Easter Sunday!!! Greg had to work 6AM-6PM, so we went to church and spent the rest of the day at my parents house. Good food, and fun times!
Ethan with his Great-Granddad!


An attempt to get a picture with my two boys!

My grandparents with their first two great grandchildren!


Family picture!

An egg hunt at Nana and Grandpop's! This has become an annual tradition!


The next morning...the Easter bunny visited our house. That way Daddy could be with us!

Can you tell how excited someone woke up?!? :)

More eggs to find!!

A boy and his dog... Love! (Sidenote here...since Dakota's leg injury last summer, she can no longer jump into our bed to sleep, so she sleeps in Landon's toddler bed!)



This weekend was filled with fun, celebrating the Russian Easter weekend in Washington DC at the  Russian Embassy. I will be posting soon with those details! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the blogging! I love to do it but feel like I don't have the time and sometimes the words seem to hard to put together by the end of the day=)

    The blog storage thing-I had to to do the same thing! I never even know that I could max out on my storage! Oh well, I figure $5 a year is worth it. I guess google has to get their money somehow.

    Loved looking at all of your pictures! I love family traditions and seeing and hearing about other peoples as well.

    What an amazing story/journey you guys have and what a great reminder of how great our God is to us!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!