This year we went down to my sister Laura and her husband Dave's house for the Super Bowl. It was a ton of fun! Landon even got to enjoy a pre-game Quad ride!! It's amazing how well the "If you take a nice nap, you can ride the Quad at Uncle Dave and Aunt Laura's house" line worked! Landon was asleep within 5 minutes!! :)
I guess the not-so-fun started last Tuesday. I will spare you all the gross detail, but in short, Greg and I both got the stomach bug. Since caring for the boys was literally impossible (imagine Landon running crazily around the house, and Ethan in a germ filled bed between Greg and I who were never in bed for too long at a time..yeah, wasn't so pretty). So, we called in the troups, AKA my mom, Aunt Wawa, and sister Sue. We had never been away from the boys other than going to work, and going out on an occasional date. So, staying in our quiet home, and getting uninterrupted sleep was actually very strange to both of us. After a middle of the night trip to the ER (Greg was having chest pain and wanted to make sure it wasn't his heart) where we got fluids and medicine, we both felt a lot better by Wednesday afternoon. And, thankfully, that's the last we've seen of the stomach bug (shhh! I feel like typing that might bring it back!)
Thankfully, by Sunday night, we were all feeling well enough to go to our church to welcome home Ezekiel from Ethiopia! Believe it or not, we started our adoption process for Landon just 3 weeks before George and Shannon started theirs. So, I guess my thought, "He is FINALLY home!" is pretty justified. And, I thought our wait felt like forever!
Here is a picture of our Baby E's, (as we have come to refer to them), on the same continent!!
I know someone caught Landon and Ezekiel meeting for the first time on camera, so I will have to post that picture when I get it. But, it was so cute to see Landon and Ezekiel looking at each other, and Landon trying to "high 5" Ezekiel. :)
Then, as if a stomach bug wasn't enough sickness for our family, the boys both came down with a really bad cold that included fevers. :( That "fun" began literally while we were visiting Grammie (I know, lovely...we could have infected Grammie too! ugh!) on Valentines night.
While we were sitting chatting with Grammie, I could feel Ethan just burning up in my arms. It came out of nowhere. They had some congestion, but to add a fever to that, just brings on a whole new level of "fun." We ended our visit a little prematurely, so I could get home to take Ethan's temperature- sure enough- 101.6! I fed him, gave him a bath and some Tylenol, and tried to put him and Landon to bed. Around midnight, Ethan woke up, crying, and not going back to sleep. I could tell he was just not feeling well, and needing to be held. In an effort to keep him upright so he could breathe more easily, I tried sleeping in the rocker, then upright in my bed with him on me. It worked for him..me, not so much. After finally getting him back to his crib at 3:30 AM, I was able to catch some intermittant ZZZ's (he kept whining and crying out off and on) until 7 when I was getting ready to leave for work. Thank God, Greg was able to adjust his schedule, and stay home with the boys, so I could go to work. Landon's fever started up Wednesday, and spiked in the middle of the night Wed into Thurs at 102.5. Sick boys + sleepless mama = recipe for catching the cold... Yep, that's right- now, I have a bad cold. No fever, though! (phew!)
During all of our sickness, on the night of Valentine's Day, OUR 1ST NEWPHEW WAS BORN!! (Greg and I are the oldest...'nuff said) ;)
Jackson Robert Allmoslecher
Born: 2/14/12 @ 9:33 PM
8lbs., 21 in.!!
We are ecstatic, and can't wait to meet him in person! As soon as our sickness ends, we will need to schedule a road trip to Kentucky to meet this handsome nephew of ours!!
Originally we were supposed to be enjoying some fun "non-expensive" family outings on this President's Day weekend. Greg had scheduled today and Monday off, since I have off. However, the recent schedule adjustment to stay home with the boys has him working today, and me and the boys trying to get rid of our colds! Hopefully we will be well by Monday so we can at least get one fun family adventure in!! hmmm....ice skating? (Landon's been asking almost everyday to go back!) or the Acquarium? We will see!!
Until the next Fun post....TOOTLES from my boys!! (I admit, I watch too much Mickey Mouse Club) :0)









Those out of nowhere fevers are the worst!!! Glad you all are on the mend. . .and yes, I knock on wood all the time the minute that thought of how well Aidan has been this year!! (knock, knock, knock!) I figure God will figure me a little superstition since I do also pray about it!! : )
ReplyDelete