We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Friday, February 24, 2012

7 Months....ALREADY????

WOW! Where has the time gone?!?? My baby is 7 months old today! I feel as if I keep saying this over and over, but...Ethan is changing by the day! Every day he does something new, or gets even better at things! He is babbling like crazy now, which sounds like a high pitch scream/talk combination. He also blows raspberries like crazy! He loves laughing at his brother, and smiling at his puppy girl, Dakota. He grabs anything and everything in sight- from your bottom lip to your cereal bowl...so, look out! He has even been sitting up on his own for a few minutes at a time! After a few minutes, or if something gets him really excited, he weebles over, but he is getting stronger every day with sitting on his own. Literally, last Sunday at church, he could barely sit for a few seconds, and now it's a few minutes! He has also been lighting up with the biggest smile everytime I walk in the room, or when I walk in to get him in the morning, and when I pick him up from Kristen (our friend and babysitter)'s house each day. Boy, does he make me happy!

Landon has also been maturing before our eyes! His speech is getting...let's just say, NON STOP. :) He even tattles on his friends now! It's kinda cute right now, but I'm sure it's something that his friends won't appreciate in a few years. ;) When I pick him up from Kristen's house each day, he has to give me a run down of who got in time out, or who "made yucky sounds" (??), or who didn't listen...and it's never him! :) (yeah right!)  Landon has been a big back seat driver lately too..."Mom, go this way!" "Two hands mom (meaning he wants two hands on the wheel..."like daddy show you")" This backseat driving led me to referring to our street by name, and our house by house number. I even started saying when we were in our town, Blackwood. So, after putting it together for a few weeks in the car, Landon knows his address! He has also been saying "I missed you, mommy" and "I love you, mommy," and "You're pretty, mommy" pretty frequently. Of course , any of those phrases just melt my heart and I have to give him a "big squeeze" (his words for big hug) right there on the spot! Now...to be honest, I have to also admit, Landon's not always sweet and loving(I know, I'm not either...but who is??)  Particularly, he has been having a really rough time with time out lately. He pitches a fit, screaming, crying, and whining the whole way there, and pretty much, throughout the duration of his time outs. The hardest thing for us to break is him getting out of time out, and coming right back to us, crying. We must put him back in and start over at least 10 times some days. UGH! But, we have to take the good with the bad, eh? ...and just keep praying our way through this parenting stuff! 3 can be tough! We are trying to just be consistent, and reinforcing that we love him, and just want him to "be a good boy." Sigh... :)

The rest of my post is a compilation of my latest phone "shots." ...My good camera is always too far out of reach, and my phone is pretty much always by my side...or at least closer than the camera is...to capture some of these precious moments. The quality isn't the greatest, but the memories sure are!

Ethan wants my donut and coffee too!

One especially happy morning! :)

My Lil' Valentines!

Eating a banana through a mesh bag is yummy!

Handsome monkey!

Love my uncle Chris!!

That's right...3 teeth now! (and one more coming through!)
Two bottom teeth, and one right front tooth!

Checking out my puppy girl who has to sit right on my blanket!

Sitting up, and reaching really far to get this piano!

Random...but, we put together the photo puzzle last weekend!
I can't bring myself to take it apart just yet...


Now, this is what I call Brotherly Love!! ...makes my heart so happy!
...and my cheeks hurt from smiling so big!!!

So, Landon has a hard time saying his "TH"(he says "S or F" instead) and the letter "V" (he says "D"), so I decided to practice with him one morning.
 Little did I know how hilarious our "speech therapy" session would be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!