We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our 1st Family Day Anniversary!

I know it is so cliche, but, boy, TIME FLIES! I can NOT believe it has been a year since we were in Russia, picking up our boy. In one sense, it seems like yesterday...and, in another, it seems like it was an eternity ago. I feel as if I cannot remember a day without either of our boys.


Here is our family photo that our wonderful translator/facilitator took for us as we exited the Moscow Baby House #20 with Landon in arms, December 20, 2010.  The first shot, I have zoomed out, so you can see the building. The second shot, I zoomed in- I never noticed before tonight Landon's face....love it!!

Do you see that smirk?!?

It makes me smile so big to think what he must have been thinking at that moment!! The memories are so fresh: Our happy car ride back to our hotel, with Landon seated in between us. He was so wide eyed, looking all around, and just happy to be with us. Our trips out in the umbrella stroller through snow and mush to eat our meals. Good thing we found a super delicous (and cheap!) Chinese restaurant a block away from our hotel! I haven't had fried rice like I had there to this day. It was soooo good! Life in our hotel with an almost 2 year old at the time who just wanted to play with the phone, or outlets, or anything he shouldn't have been, for that matter. Some pretty severe tantrums. Some, fun, FUN simple moments we enjoyed getting to show Landon some things for the very first time!!

Here is a little video I just put together of some of our trip 3 memories. 


I know Landon's smooth transition over this past year was a complete miracle. When I think about his story, his beginning, I can't help but become full of emotion. God is good! We are so thankful and happy to have him home with us, and praying daily for every orphan to be united with their forever family.

Happy 1st Family Day, Landon! We love you!!!




1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to comment that I love the Christmas picture of your boys!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!