We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Monday, September 26, 2011

Referral Anniversary

My how time has flown! Last Wednesday, September 21, marked one year since receiving the exciting phone call about Landon. I'll never forget how I felt hearing Cindy, our social worker, tell me "It's a boy!" That day we really did not know much about our boy. We knew he was born in December of 2008, and that we needed to be in Russia less than 2 weeks. We didn't have pictures, we didn't have health information...we didn't know much! A few days later, we received his medical information, and our faith was tested.  I'll never forget how scary the medical inforamtion was, and how torn I was over how to proceed. My heart said, "How could we ever turn down a child!" And, my head was saying, "Just be careful!" A few days after receiving the information, we were sent a video clip of our boy. The moment I saw him, I had no doubt in my mind, HE IS OUR SON! I no longer cared what the medical information was, I just knew we would do what we needed to bring him home! Here is a still image clip from the video we received a year ago this week!


Sept. 27, 2010


September 24, 2011

What a stud!! I can't wait to post more...this picture was from Aunt Jill an Uncle Drew's wedding this past weekend in Kentucky. Landon was their ring bearer!!







4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Landon is made for a suit! He is the cutest child I have ever seen in a suit!!
    Shanon Rentz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second!! Oh my gosh......Landon looks amazing! He is such a handsome guy!!!! Congrats on your 1 year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Wow. Amazing what a year can bring, isn't it? What a beautiful boy. And now you have two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! He is SO CUTE IN THAT SUIT!!!! I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when you called about to tell me about Landon:) I can't believe it was a year ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!