We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mother Son Date Night at Chick-Fil-A!

With Greg away on training all week, I took advantage of a chance to go to Chick Fil A with my two boys on a date. A few times a year they offer special activities for families, and this was our first chance to participate!  They were hosting a Mother & Son Date Night- Midieval Times Theme.

Nothing prepared me for what I saw in the parking lot when I pulled in- a horse drawn carriage ride to and from the restaurant! I immediately teared up thinking of how special it was to be able to go on a date with my boys. These moments bring back those raw feelings of "wow, I'm finally a mom! and I can't believe it- I have 2 boys!" I don't know if that feeling will ever fully go away.

Here are a few pictures of our special night together!

First buggy ride for Landon and Ethan!
(maybe me too, haha! I can't remember ever being on one before!)

Every mom and son received a complimentary take home picture in a magnet frame to take home with them. My grandparents and Aunt Wawa took Ethan to another area of the restaurant so I could enjoy my date with Landon...with 2 hands!

At our table! Landon was given a foam sword - YIKES! Let's just say I got hit in the head more than a few times during our date, and the sword had to be put in time out. :(

They had little shields for the boys to color in with markers!

And yummy food served by a wait staff on plates!
What an upgrade from fast food service! :)

Ethan enjoying (haha) his carriage ride back to our car
I have to add here that on Saturday Ethan was 2 months old!

Give a boy a sword...and watch out!
I later texted Greg that my knight in shining armor gave me a single rose and whacked me with his foam sword all in the same date! We both enjoyed a chuckle over that one. Thank God I have many more years to work on teaching him better dating manners!


Landon, obviously, enjoying his ride back!

And, what a treat! Our ride back was with Aunt WaWa!! She held Ethan for me while Landon and I ate dinner. I don't know who adores her more- me or the boys!! :)

What a fun, special night!  Thank you, Chick Fil A!!



2 comments:

  1. OK, now that is seriously cool! We have a Chick-Fil-A around here, but I've never heard of them doing that. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!