We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baby Ethan's Room

Today is a GOOD day!

Reason #1: Our house finally is back to "normal"! I guess I should explain that our house has been sort of a mess lately- we had to move the office (now Baby Ethan's new room) down to the basement. We decided to set up the desk on the partially finished side which meant we had to rearrange furniture and such to make a space for the desk, file cabinet, printer, etc. We decided the other two tall bookshelf units were best suited over on the unfinished side...another, much larger, project! There was no room over on that side to walk, let alone put 2 huge bookshelf units! So, the mass clean out of the basement began...about a month ago, as soon as school let out.  About the same time, our friends started unloading their baby stuff on us. For a month, our living room had looked like a baby storage unit- car seats, strollers, bouncy seats, bags of clothes, exersaucer, pack n play...ah! Don't get me wrong, we are SO, SO thankful for all of our wonderful friends who helped donate their things for us to use for Ethan. We could not have afforded to buy all of that! I'm just happy that I now don't have to walk in my front door to a mess of clutter only to stress at the thought of all there was still left to do! So, today marks the day our house is in "order" (as much as it can be with a 2 year old !) Unfinished side cleaned out, office stuff taken down (by the way, I have to note that it's amazing how much paperwork you accumulate over 8 years! From now on, I'm shredding more often than once every 8 years!), baby room arranged, and a gazillion baby donations washed, and put in place. A successful day!

Reason #2: Baby Ethan's room complete! ...with the exception of hanging his lettered name above the crib. Here are some pictures!  I took them with my phone to make for a quicker upload, so pardon the poor quality. The walls are the olive green they were when we painted them for the office when we moved in, even though they don't look that color in the pictures.







Reason #3: We are off to Sandy Cove with the family! Well, Landon and I are...Greg has to work today. But, he is joining us for the day on Monday. We are looking forward to that! He has to work Wednesday and Thursday (and we come home Friday) because he gave his vacation time back when we decided to bring home Baby Ethan. :-) All for the cause! He was supposed to stay down with us on Tuesday as well, but instead he will be driving home late Monday night to take Dakota in for surgery on Tuesday morning. About a week ago, out of the blue, she just couldn't stand up. Going back about 6 months or so, she would limp off and on, but nothing major. Then about 2 months ago, she began to get "stuck" with just her front paws hanging off the side of our bed at times. I don't know whether she injured it chasing something outside, or if it was a gradual injury, but nonetheless she tore 3 knee ligaments. Why is it that everytime we bring a child home our dog is having surgery? Back in December 3 days before our 2nd trip to Russia, Dakota was recovering from a cancerous tomor removal surgery. I know, I lost you in the technicality of that term :-)  Please...no more surgeries...or babies for a little while! :)

Hmmm...will my next post be of our fun Sandy Cove trip, or will it be to announce Baby Ethan's arrival? With a July 27th due date, who knows?!?!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!
    First, Congrats to you & Greg on the upcoming arrival of Baby Ethan! I have to say I got a little teary reading your post! It's just amazing to me how much life can change in a year! This time last year you guys were where my husband and I are now.. Waiting! Now, only 12 months later, you have your beautiful, wonderful son Landon home and another one on the way! It's amazing & we are just so excited for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so excited! I bet it's hard to believe you'll be parents of TWO boys in a week or so. We're really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time!!! Can't wait to see that post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about the day Ethan came into your lives! You guys are blessed to be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exciting times for you all!!! And just so you don't feel alone with the big pre-baby non-baby related expenses. . .we had to replace our washer, dryer AND dishwasher in between trips 1 and 2! Another family who was with us had to replace their water heater! Ahh. . .home/animal ownership while having a family! As you know, it all works somehow. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very excited for you guys! Baby Ethan's room looks adorable! Can't wait to hear of his arrival! Any day now!!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!