We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Saturday, May 7, 2011

Good News & Blessings Flow

I am so sorry for not blogging this sooner: Landon's bloodwork came back normal! Thank God! So, the week long fever that he had was an ear infection (so we found out), and not the result of some strange low neutrophil count. Whew! :)

Last weekend we dedicated our boy to the Lord. Afterall, He is who brought us together as a family. I couldn't think of a more important thing to do, no matter how old he is or how we came to be. Here are a few pictures of the service, and BBQ afterwards.

We had our friend, and Youth Pastor, George, dedicate Landon. For those of you who don't know, he and his wife Shannon, my BRFF (best running friend forever!) are adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. Our adoptions started almost simultaneously after much talking/running and praying about things. What a special thing it has been to share in our journeys together!

Someone just wanted to get down and run around- we couldn't help but smile!

But, then he said, "Mama" and wanted me! Since I hardly ever get "chosen" over Greg, I am still smiling about this!!


Family shot next to the beautiful cake Shannon made

The wagon was a big hit! How many kids do you think can fit in at one time?

Love making my boy laugh!

My adorable boys!

Since everyone's always wanting to take his picture, he wants to start taking pictures too!

Comparing this picture to the one at the top, I can see how much Landon's changed! I am looking forward to spending my first Mother's Day with Landon tomorrow. Greg has to work, but we will be spending the day together, going to church and then to my parents. We are finsihing the day here at home- Greg is cooking us Filet Mignon on the grill! My mouth is watering already! :)











7 comments:

  1. Love looking through your pics!! I'm SO happy to hear Landon's blood work came back normal!!!! Landon is getting so big! He's so handsome!!! Hoping you have an awesome Mother's Day!! You are an amazing mom!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God!!! Glad he is well and doing well. You all look wonderfully happy. BTW, Landon probably was baptized in the Russian Orthodox Church. I believe Aidan was as are most of the children in the orphanages. But, no matter. We had him baptized here in our church anyway! : ) It was the most wonderful and special experience ever! I know that feeling you had when he said "mama" and then reached for you. After three years, my heart still does a flip flop filled with love. . .
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this post! We are doing the boy's dedication next month. Landon has changed so much... he is such a little doll!
    Happy Mother's Day, I know it will be your best yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Happy mother's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day!! Wow he really has changed but he sure does only keep getting cuter and cuter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, He is so darn cute!!!!Happy Mother's Day! Many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz,
    So happy to hear that Landon's blood work came back and all is good!! He is growing up so fast and gets more handsome with every new picture I see!! Hope you had a wonderful 1st Mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!