We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Monday, May 30, 2011

Fun Weekend!

This weekend was just what we needed! A balance of catching up on the house and family time together. With Greg's shift schedule, and his working every other weekend, we don't get all that much "family" time. Since Landon had his "lil' boy" surgery on Thursday we had only made tentative weekend plans with friends. He has been doing wonderfully, and at times you'd never know he was only a few days post-op!

To start the Memorial Day weekend off right, we went to a little Custard Shack right up the road from our house. It dawned on me during dinner that night, that Landon had never had an ice cream cone! We just had to go! Check that off the list of firsts now!
Here you get to witness his "CHEESE" face!

We did manage to make it to a BBQ on Saturday and one on Sunday- both catching up with friends we haven't seen in a long time! Landon cracked us up yesterday playing hockey with a "me me" (short e sound there) on...notice the TYPE of helmit this is!

Yes, that's right a KNIGHT helmit! He cracks us up!

 
Then, today we finally got to go to the Philadelphia Zoo! We purchased a membership back in April, and we had really wanted to go there when I was on my Spring Vacation from school.  Since Landon had gotten sick that Easter weekend, we had to postpone our visit. There were so many times over the past month that Greg or I could have taken him with a friend, or our parents, or by ourselves, but we both wanted to be there for his 1st time-  to see his face as he got to see these animals up close, in real life! We read so many animal books, and he knows the names and sounds of a lot, so I just couldn't wait to show him that these weren't just pictures in a book!

I wish I had my camera out to catch the first thing we saw- We walked into the rear entrance of the zoo, and where they have camel rides. As soon as we got to the bottom of the entrance area, there was this huge camel with a child on it's back! Landon literally had his mouth open for what seemed like forever- not smiling, not afraid...just like- WHAT?  Priceless! Here are a few snapshots of our fun morning outing!
Looks to me like a staring contest between Landon and the cow

Not afraid at all! I guess having Dakota at home really doesn't seem all that different!

A pony ride!
Greg and I both forgot about the "no riding toys" restriction until he was already on! AH!
The pony went really slow, and he didn't move too much on it at all. whew!


You may be wondering at this point, "why all the 'from the back/over the shoulder' pictures?" To this I reply, "Check out what I get when I ask for someone to say CHEESE!

No! With a push of his hand! :(

So, I had to get creative!
I need to get better at that, because I always seem to cut part of the picture out when I'm trying too hard!

Oh yeah, did I mention, I also get this!?!


So, back to the "over the back" shots!

The otters were Landon's favorite! Everytime we tried to walk out of the otter area, he kept saying and signing for MORE!

Lately, Greg has been really brainwashing Landon...AKA teaching him how to be a Philly fan! Here are a few funny videos! 
 Sidenote: don't forget to turn the song off by hitting pause on the side before hitting play!




Yes, the holiday weekend is over, but there's only 10 more days of school left...who's NOT counting anyway? I am really looking forward to waking up everyday, and spending everyday with my boys! ...and preparing for a new baby! AH! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the hockey picture!! He's got a good stance going there! : ) Aidan has a knight helmet too but it's too small now. He puts it on and it gets stuck on the underside of his nose! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!