We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Friday, November 26, 2010

SO Much To Be Thankful For!

I have to admit, I've been a little on the down side lately, looking at our boy's pictures hanging everywhere in our house, and watching videos we took of us together while we were there, and focusing on what we don't have: our boy home. Shame on me. Yes, those feelings are very real, and just thinking about that does make me cry- I miss him SO much. But, shame on me for allowing my mind and my heart to get discouraged, rather than focusing on how much God has done for us and provided for us. We have SO much- from our salvation, each other, to loving family and friends, to a house, and more material items than we truly need. 

In my devotions today, I read two verses that I will be wrapping myself around until we have our boy home- Psalm 27:14- Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!   and Proverbs 3:5-Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.    I thought about these verses- "Wait on the Lord" - I have been waiting on our agency, the Russian federation...people...when really, I need to wait on the Lord. And, "Trust in the Lord...lean not unto my own understanding..." that's all I've been doing- trying to figure things out on my own! I am trying, today, to re-focus my waiting, and my trust- rather than focusing on who I do not have right now, I am going to focus on the One I do have on our side, who gave His only son so we could be saved. Honestly, I wouldn't want to give up my son for anything...so that is a very BIG reminder for me of just how much God loves us.

We have SO much to be thankful for!


Here's a few pictures of how we have been keeping busy!



Grandpop and Daddy- hanging letters up in Landon's room!


I love it!! I can't wait to see his face when he walks into his room!
I can just hear his loud gasp he did a few times when he would see somthing new!


We watched my 3 youngest cousins last weekend overnight! All of Landon's things got tested out-
and they were great! I think he will love his Mickey lounge chair by the looks of how comfy Michaiah was in it!

It's a lot easier to babysit kids when you have a bunch of toys for them to play with! I am so excited to watch my cousins and Landon play together soon!!!!  And, this cutie, Michaiah, slept in Landon's crib, and even called me "Landon's Mommy" this past weekend! I LOVED it! So adorable!



Today, we are getting together with our siblings- it is going to be so much fun! We don't do this nearly as often as we should! And...before that, I am going to try to get started on putting out the Christmas decorations- FUN!








3 comments:

  1. Grandpop continues the spoiling, with daddy's help! We're getting ready for the Homecoming party in less than a month! .... Just wait, the Christmas presents Grandpop has been gathering will bring some unbelievable excitement on our boy's face! We love you, Landon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you wrote this right before you got the call! :-) Better get those Christmas decorations up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm the call? I was just going to post a comment and read the one above! Do we have something to celebrate?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!