Well, we did get an update today- not the one I was hoping for, but an update nonetheless.
Our agency reps in Russia are awaiting the arrival of a letter from the Russian government that releases our boy from their federal database of orphans. It is AFTER the receipt of this letter that they can submit our entire dossier to the courts for review.
Please pray for 2 things: that the letter arrives SOON! And, that when the judge that we get assigned to receives our paperwork that he or she finds no reason to not give us a court date.
According to our agency, families are usually unaware of this part of the process because this is occurring while the family is getting the remainder of their paperwork together, and sent over. But, because we had it all ready when we came home, we are just waiting on them...instead of them waiting on us.
It is my understanding that court dates are scheduled until before Christmas. After that, the courts shut down for the entire month of January. Obviously, we are praying like crazy to get a court date prior to Christmas. This wait is SO SO hard. I find myself struggling with being down about it all--like will we ever get back? If I just knew a date! But, Lord knows, there are families who have been in this very stage for much longer than us, so I feel convicted everytime that I get sad about this.
Fellow blog friends: does anyone know how long this letter usually takes to arrive?
Please keep praying!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




I don't know how long that was for us. . .as far as I know, Aidan was already released to be International when we were told about him--he had had a Russian family already reject him. And, they will schedule court dates all the way up to Christmas--they are much more into New Years. They then are shut down about 3 weeks. They celebrate Christmas about the same time we are celebrating Epiphany--they still use an old calendar for that.
ReplyDeleteBack to your letter, I'm sure it doesn't take that long, considering how quickly some dates have been scheduled that I've seen. You'll hear something soon, I'm sure. I think ours would have been sooner if it hadn't been for the shut down. . .and as hard as it was to wait, it still happened and it all worked out perfectly. Chin up! It WILL be okay. . .
Blessings,
Stacy
We had to wait on the letter with Blake's adoption too but I can't remember how long. Of course it should be quicker since it doesn't have to travel far. Keep yourself busy. That was the only thing that kept me sane. Prayers coming your way!
ReplyDeleteHang in there honey bunny. I like what Heather said, keep yourself busy and try to focus on each other! Once Landon comes home things will be different! The Lord will get you both through this time. Maybe we should have a family Disney movie night!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on getting everything done!! I can feel your heart yearning for him! Stay busy, stay focused and remember life's timing always works out for the best. I know that is NOT what you want to hear; but just think of how perfectly everything has worked out so far!! This will too. And believe that he will be home with you when it is right and perfect for all 3 of you. Don't think about a date, think about Landon =) Send your love, energy and thoughts to him and trust that your court date will happen when it needs to. Remember we don't always know the plan. I love you girlie and I wish there was a way to make this whole process easier for you!!!!
ReplyDeletePlease don't go crazy ;) Take a deep breath. You can do this!!